Linda Shields says that Ganson shouldn't referee another game

Linda Shields (54) the daughter of Florence Shields (87) has hit out at Super League referee Steve Ganson saying she was disgusted with his conduct while they waited for a taxi outside after being at a hotel wedding reception on Saturday night.

She also added: "He is a 40-year-old man who swung his fist at my mother, who is 87, 8st and just over 5ft tall. What can you say about a man who does that? "He was drunk, very aggressive and just looking for a fight. I do not believe he should be allowed to referee another game."

I'm guessing it's ok to post this now as it's in all the papers and all over the other Rugby League forums.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

I'm guessing it's ok to post this now as it's in all the papers and all over the other Rugby League forums.

And I'm guessing you're guessing wrong, and this thread will very quickly go the way of the 2 that preceded it. B)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Hope shes right! :rolleyes:

If all this IS TRUE then Ganson should have the book thrown at him.

Here is how the story is going down in St Helens --> http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/st-helen...fter.6468573.jp

The only people who know exactly what happened are those who were there at the time..

Until the police conclude and state the next step - maybe best to quit the speculation on here and leave it to the press.

Thread Locked?

No, it isn't ok I'm afraid. Yes, the news is out there, but everything else that follows is just speculation. Let's allow the matter be resolved through the relevant legal processes, not via trial by internet message board.

Any more threads cropping up on this before the legal case is concluded will be removed.

Thanks