Include the Season Opener in Cardiff

This is the only way that I can see the Millenium Stadium being full for both days which would look impressive for those at home watching the weekend on tv.

It would also feel as if the loyal supporters were getting some incentive to attend this event.

By all means charge the supporters who don't have a season pass the going rate, but I feel if the RFL want anything close to a full house and with this event taking place just some six weeks after the financial burden of Christmas then they have to include this in the season pass for mine if they don't want 30,000 for day one, 30,000 for day two etc.

That's an interesting thought. I know in the past a season ticket holder could get cheap tickets for the Magic weekend but I've always thought it's a bit unfair on the designated home teams season ticket holders as you've already paid for all your home games. When you add in the cost of travel and maybe accomodation it gets expensive.

I can't see it happening though simply due to the costs involved in using the Millenium Stadium and somebody has to pay for that. It would probably boost the attendance but I think the major expense (as you've mentioned in your other thread) are the accomodation!

This may mean we get close to capacity and is a good idea to boost the event and make it a real RL gathering.

But I fear the RFL will want to make money out of it and they will offer halkf price discounts to season ticket holders anyway.

The main obstacle for most is getting to Cardiff and also finding reasonablely priced accomodation.

The Magic Weekend is a pricey thing to put on, the RFL have to make money somehow. I think the tickets are very cheap as it is, and hopefully the added interest of it being the opening round proper, as well as hand picked fixtures should ensure better attendance. Plus, there's not much else that's appealing to do on a drizzly February weekend is there? Might as well go to a big event in the dry and enjoy yourself. You would think, but there's nowt queer as folk.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

This is the only way that I can see the Millenium Stadium being full for both days which would look impressive for those at home watching the weekend on tv.

It would also feel as if the loyal supporters were getting some incentive to attend this event.

By all means charge the supporters who don't have a season pass the going rate, but I feel if the RFL want anything close to a full house and with this event taking place just some six weeks after the financial burden of Christmas then they have to include this in the season pass for mine if they don't want 30,000 for day one, 30,000 for day two etc.

If any club wanted to put it in as a 'bonus' then I wouldn't have any problem with it, but if it's included in the calculations for the price, then no. With

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I got free tickets for Murrayfield last year for both days with my Salford season ticket/pass.

This is what all clubs should be doing for not only increasing the attendance at Cardiff, but by also showing an initiative to the clubs supporters to purchase a season pass.

It's a win/win situation.