Dewsbury Moor

Had a good win against widnes in the barla cup Saturday

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Good luck to Dewsbury and fully support their desire to move to summer but that said is it right they should be able to transfer to the NCL so far into the season without being required to complete their fixtures (game called off this weekend v Morley). NCL were almost gloating in their press briefing whilst pillaging the Pennine league.

Good luck to Dewsbury and fully support their desire to move to summer but that said is it right they should be able to transfer to the NCL so far into the season without being required to complete their fixtures (game called off this weekend v Morley). NCL were almost gloating in their press briefing whilst pillaging the Pennine league.

This is the problem of the 2 overlapping seasons. But the Pennine league took Stanningley A after they pulled out of the Yorkshire Men's League midseason so no-one is clean here. Wait for the end of February...

The thing I find interesting is there were only initially four applicants but every time a club drops out a replacement can be found immediately. Most likely it is to do with clubs that were previously committed to winter not liking the direction the Pennine league took (this seems to have been the case with Thornhill but I have no idea with Dewsbury Moor), but I do wonder if the NCL have a list of Pennine league clubs they'd like to add to the NCL but are waiting for 2016 to make a proper push.

The thing I find interesting is there were only initially four applicants but every time a club drops out a replacement can be found immediately. Most likely it is to do with clubs that were previously committed to winter not liking the direction the Pennine league took (this seems to have been the case with Thornhill but I have no idea with Dewsbury Moor), but I do wonder if the NCL have a list of Pennine league clubs they'd like to add to the NCL but are waiting for 2016 to make a proper push.

There were more than four applicants Bowes.   The NCL don't have a list of Pennine League Clubs that they'd like to add to the NCL, but it would seem that as soon as an existing NCL club pulls out, another Club jumps at the opportunity of applying.  You can only assume that all is not as it should be in the Pennine League. 

Archived