Keighley this Sunday

RIGGY

Following last weekends fantasic win at London Skolars and the great support from the travelling Lions Fans lets see even more of you down at Cougar Park ( Lawkholme Lane ) this Sunday and try and see the team through to the Semi Final of the league one cup.

This Sunday will be a massive game for both teams as there is a lot hanging on the result for the winners.

The crowd at London was only 165 by i reckon 130 of those at least were from Swinton so lets boost the terraces this weekend and cheer the boys on, they really appreciate our support.

See you there

Riggy

The crowd at London was only 165 by i reckon 130 of those at least were from Swinton

That being the case, it's plain to see how artificial a club in London such as Skolars really is when they can only attract 30 odd locals through the gates.

:tease:

The draw for the fourth round of the 2015 Challenge Cup will take place at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Tuesday March 10 between 6.30pm and 6.45pm.

Cheers Mark

Keith hope you had a good day watching those records tumble.   Feel sorry for Joe Mbu who was fired after the game , sure he will bounce back,

Let's have a towering performance today, both from the players and the fans, to get one step nearer Blackpool!

Spelly.

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

We didn't do it the easy way, and it was nervy to say the least on our side of the touchline, but.................

We're now within 80 minutes of a trip to the seaside, and....................

The spirit in our lads at present is a joy to behold, which.....................

Is due in no small way to a certain Mr Duffy!

Proud to be Lion!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

Try of the match for me was Atkins when he beat two Keighley players to score, I think with a bit more composure the team could have scored a couple more tries in the second half that would have stopped Keighley fight back - but the team just nicked in the end. 

I was surprised that the attendance was low ~ 400 as I imagined Keighley had a good following.

Yep. Nervy to say the least. I thought that we controlled about 75% of that game and the defence was top notch for most of it.

A lady on radio Leeds on way home reckoned that the ref gave them nothing all day and we only had rough house tactics and were dirty all game! Don't know which game she was watching, maybe she missed the tackle on Ritchie on the hooter!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

Some of our on line defence was outstanding. Ive said it before that it's rare to see us win there and we stuck at it manfully to pull off a good win. The score did not reflect how much better we were than them . A bit of composure as Wayne said and I think the score would have been more convincing

To be fair the majority of the home fans were friendly and complimentary...with just the odd strange one ....and lets face it we have a few of them

Thought the defence in that second half showed some great mental toughness as well as being physical. Lets face it, we're not the biggest team but I think the young lads are performing well and learning every game from the experience of Littler, Gallagher, Hawkyard and James. The right flank is looking particularly sollid in defence and always looks a threat in attack. Great to see the blend of youth and experience working in our favour. That said, Duffy didn't look best pleased at half time!

Really enjoyed the afternoon, heart was in my mouth at the end (we don't usually win close ones do we?). I really enjoy watching Swinton, it feels like real honest sport and something I can feel part of.

One thing I continue to struggle with is the personal comments by some Swinton fans at the opposition fans/players. I've been to 4 games so far this year and witnessed aggressive and personal attacks at two of them. Can I ask politely ask on here that we fix it because it will spoil the enjoyment of the afternoon for some people.

That said clapping the team at the end of the game and seeing the smiles was great! Watching them defend 24 tackles on the line was great, Atkins try individual brilliance and actually really liked watching Keighley's no 7 use his hands to run the plays reminded me a little of Craig Errington!

Looking forward to next week already!

I agree the Keighley no 7 had a good game - I thought he was give too much room, seemed to have lots of time to distribute the ball. I was sat close to John Duffy and he was quite animated at times especially when the team lost their shape or failed to follow a particular strategy. My particular gripe is that the team when attacking should be running from deep, especially on a narrow pitch and John seemed to share that view as well - of course its different when putting a kick into the in goal area.

Also as the ground is compact and there were only a few spectators, the coaching staff could shout advice from the stand and it was clearly heard by the players......

Personally, I have always found Keighley to be a friendly ground to visit, albeit not a particular lucky one............so Sunday's victory was wonderful. 

Yep. Nervy to say the least. I thought that we controlled about 75% of that game and the defence was top notch for most of it.

A lady on radio Leeds on way home reckoned that the ref gave them nothing all day and we only had rough house tactics and were dirty all game! Don't know which game she was watching, maybe she missed the tackle on Ritchie on the hooter!

Women know nothing about sport, I'll just put my to hat on and step back now ha ha

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Archived