Training 2night

troutmaster

Well Tuesday night is here and that means training for the town boys,A depleted squad were put through their paces tonight,some things new,and some things old but done with a purpose.There is not a lot to say has training is training but, it is much better when you see a full squad going through the motions rather than about 15 to 16 lads.Has you will all know,our friends from wigan,they have allowed young greenwood(a prop) and the outside back(gildart)to go on loan to Salford,i know they have a good few injuries but surely they could string a squad together rather than taking a couple of teens that would fit in the town squad.I was hoping that we would have young McAvoy back in the squad tonight,but it looks like he will be doubtful for the weekend,deurden was put through his training tonight with the physio and it looks like his ankle his still giving him some jip,but you know what these young kids are like,they would say they are fit to play with a broken leg,but they were the only two in for treatment tonight.I was told tonight that the club or the coach were looking at bringing a new prop and another three/quarter,but that is hearsay and not from official sources.I myself was told that the aussie halfback(who is still paddling up the brisbane canal)was going to the embassy to get some news on his passport,lets hope its not going to be another long shot has its bloody obvious we need a leader from the halves.A good bit of news tonight is that we will have soztak back first week in may,so if true,he will be very welcome,but,where is he going play has he is not a prop but will still be another good addition to the squad.Well lads,thats about it for tonight,we will wait until thursday to see if there is any suprises for us fans and you never know we might have signed 3 big props!!!!Bye.

Is young Doran still training with us Baz?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Is young Doran still training with us Baz?

He was not training last night keith,I hope we have not lost him.I think he will be here on Thursday night and I will be looking closely for him.

A prop and an outside back suited to this level in their development ... like Greenwood and Gildart ?!! I support our partnership but it's not always fathomable .

Quite right David,we need to have new players in with experience but greenwood would be ok,but a new centre I would be looking for bit more than young gildart.

Archived