Training 2night

troutmaster

A fine night at the zebra claims stadium has the town lads locked swords with the cumbrian storm,the storm lads seem to enjoy taking on the town lads, and you can see there is handful of the storm lads to keep an eye on for the next couple of years.A full turn out tonight for the town team and it was good to see jarrad(stack) and liam(McAvoy)who was passed fit to play and could be in for a start against Batley,I must say i do feel a bit for phil(veivers) has the town lads continued to drop the passes,at one stage he had his hands on his head and a slight shake wondering how to get them to get the ball to stick in their hands,but,he must have been delighted with their showing of moving the ball over the park,but the ball dropping is becoming to frequent for phil's liking.On the injury front our two aussies were on the physio's bench with kurt horton popping out for a minute and confessing it's bloody cold,christ it must be really hot where kurt comes from has tonight it was a warm evening at the ground.It looks like a no show on sunday for Latu fafita,unless he recovers from his injury which i have heard his is knee,but he is having some bad luck has he came over from australia with an injury and that has healed now it is his knee that is the problem.Looking at the wigan team sheet it does not leave us with any one coming up for the weekend unless wane decides to leave out young sutton and of course tierney could also be available.It may be a sore point with some of our fans but i would start tierney at 6 with doran,i know its not maybe fair to have forber missing out,but i watched again the match with wigan U19s v London scholars and the pair were very good together,i know doran could go to 13 but i think 6 his is position.Well it is going to be interesting in what the team will be for sunday,but i for one would not change our back row of big brett and jarrad,i think that them two are two of the best second rowers in the championship especially for their defence.Well that's it for tonight townie's,good luck to all the lads for sunday,i know we will all be cheering them on,and hope we end up with a good win to kick start the season again.

Lots of talk about positioning of people but in the practice match v storm trouty who was 6 n 7, if it was forber and Doran then it's unlikely in the extreme that PV would waste a training session on a combination that won't be playing together Sunday.

Yes ,we are talking our own opinions here , but PV has set his store with this combo and he'll stick with it . His call , and he'll sink or swim by that and every other one in the end . The only caveat will be new faces , but we seem as far away there as ever . Maybe more the issue is the squad situation hardly left him with any alternatives

Hi Ginock1,it was forber and doran,but i suspect if tierney is up on saturday it might change?.I know he is going to make changes,but we will have to wait and see.

That's one area you must have sympathy for PV and any coach we had . You can't coach good hands

....but catching the ball is easy - keep your eyes on it!

Archived