Another win

Wazman

Not the best team performance today but it's another win.

That's three good wins on the bounce, Barrow, Keighley and Rochdale.

Another difficult game next week at Newcastle which we need to win.

I thought the team looked a bit tired today and it was always going to be a close game.

Very tough game today. Chris Rothwell went to hospital to have his elbow checked out so lets hope he is ok.

Another tough game next we and another must win with Oldham playing Keighley I believe.

Get behind the lads.

Riggy

Not a great game to watch but its 2 points which they needed. A couple of poor defensive mistakes which Rochdale scored from but I'm sure they can fix those few errors and organise themselves better for next week, but three good wins. come on you lions keep going!!!

I think we got away with it today. Second half was not our finest hour with some very sloppy play (okay conditions weren't good) and some poor decision making at times. We played nearly the whole game with an extra man and should not have been hanging on at the end. Still, another win against a promotion rival and we're into the top five for the first time in a long time.

A poor game for both teams , but one that had to be won. Thankfully we did but we won't get away with it again. The halves were poor today and defensively lacking , it's not the first time this has been mentioned this season.Forwards did their job . Ackers being the pick today and Atkin a close second.

Don't know which game you watched? Lions were poor across the park today, too many errors and discipline was poor. Maybe when Hornets went down to twelve men we got complacent. A lot of those wrong options on the last tackle play were Ackers, and Atkins only did limited minutes. JJ stood out for the pack, despite some erors late on. Thought the halves defended well, Govin his usual agressive self and White putting plenty of cover tackles in. Offensively, not much to do as we seemed to want to play one up and skoot for most of the second half. Another 2 points though, and if we can play that bad and still win then just think what we can do playing well.

Have to disagree.

I thought the pack did well and Ackers was the pick of them.

Their tries came out wide due to some poor defence.

I suppose we all see things differently but the highlights will show up where it went wrong!

Why did we not go for goal when we had that penalty bang in front of the posts?

We "ran the ball", it came to nowt, and soon after, 'Ornits were touching down at the other end.

With a kicker of Morty's calibre, we should be shooting on sight when given the chance.

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

We "ran the ball", it came to nowt, and soon after, 'Ornits were touching down at the other end.

With a kicker of Morty's calibre, we should be shooting on sight when given the chance.

Spelly.

Quite right - if very old fashioned - and certainly a Super League tactic rather than Championship 1 it would seem...

I think the score was 16-4 at the time? a 14 point lead could have killed off any fightback before it even started.

Points make prizes..

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

Spelly.

Totally agree. A place kick bang in front of the posts is a 99% certain two pointer with the added bonus of getting the ball back.

It's a 'bird in the hand' situation surely.

Quite right - if very old fashioned - and certainly a Super League tactic rather than Championship 1 it would seem...

I think the score was 16-4 at the time? a 14 point lead could have killed off any fightback before it even started.

Points make prizes..

Another piece of clear common sense.

'- if very old fashioned - and certainly a Super League tactic rather than Championship 1 it would seem...' Super League (and Aussie influence) has done more harm than good in our 'old fashioned' British game.

At 16-4 Hornets needed 2 scores to catch us but the penalty 'gift' in front of the posts would have made it 3 instead.

For the first 15-20mins of the 2nd half the team dominated but failed to score, then I think there were four or so penalties against Swinton in succession which meant the team had to defend successive sets - showed how good the defence was but having put in such a long stint of tackling its hard to then switch to attack as players are rightly tired. So the poor discipline was a major factor in my opinion.

The game I watched saw two defensive errors for Rochdales try's by the halfs not covering. I also don't think we go at them, take them on in this position. We need to be more dynamic. The game I watched had Ackers awarded MOM and the majority of fans seemed to agree. I have to go with Wazman by saying we sometimes have to agree to disagree. On the penalty that could have been kicked . It was an easy 2 all day. Don't look gift horses in the mouth!

Archived