Supporters player of the year

Wazman

I presume you mean to encourage some discussion rather than just informing us that it's voting time...

So for me

1 Ritchie. Despite playing on one leg for ages his enthusiasm is an inspiration

2 Rob Lever. For me the moment he smashed Liam Harrison to bits against Barrow was the catalyst for our recent upturn in form

3 Do I go for Ackers flair or the consistent centre play of Rothwell and Littler or the pace and guile of Robinson. Or the midfield efforts of Morrison Dwyer or Beecham

Strength in depth this year

Tough decisions

It was to open up a discussion Mark and to get supporters thoughts and opinions.

I agree with a lot of what you've posted.

Richie Hawkyard has played well and has been steady at full back and run the ball out strongly.

Rob Lever has impressed and has been consistently good all season. He's put some huge defensive displays in notably against the top eight teams.

Shaun Robinson always beats the first defender and has scored good tries.

Andy Ackers has looked lively at hooker and has made good yards all season.

Difficult decision to decide the top 3

Huge choice of possibilities this season for me.

Agree with what's been said about Richie but missed too many games for me.

Lever's tackling has been immense especially whilst suffering from a bad back!

Robbo best winger since KP.

Rothwell had a fine opening season.

But for me it has to be Ackers. Always there, always 100%, plenty tries and goes for 80 mins when required. He also fishes!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

I've voted by email for

1st Ackers

2nd Robinson

3rd Morrison

Nice this season to have so many choices

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

It's hard to narrow it down to three never mind pick a player of the season. There are four for me who are just above the rest.

Ackers is a very good hooker. Guarantees yardage with those runs from acting half. He's scored some important tries too. If he were a bit bigger he'd surely be a Super League regular. I suspect he may win the award.

R. Hawkyard has played some of the best rugby of his career in the second half of the season since he's been given his full back spot back. He was on the wing out of necessity but totally wasted out there. His performance at Keighley was one of the best individual efforts of the season. He was immense that day.

Robinson is as good a finisher we've had on the wing in the last few years. He scores difficult chances as well as the easy ones. His duck still has me flinching though! He and Hawkyard are two of the best return runners in the league and are always highlighted by opposition coaches as one of our strengths.

And Rob Lever puts in the kind of big hits everyone loves to see. I've really enjoyed watching him this year. Still has a lot to learn and sometimes rushes out seeking the big hit leaving a gap behind that players at a higher level will exploit but more often than not he smashes opponents into the mud. I can see a big future in the game for him if he keeps progressing. Fingers crossed this won't be the only season we see him in a Swinton shirt.

Archived