8 of London bronco squad have come through youth system

I thought better of my highlighting this, given certain parties infatuation with me at present on here. 

The Game in London, whilst we had a SL side at the top of the pyramid and a number of dedicated development officers showed real promise, but since the DO numbers have been reduced and the Broncos are a shadow of their former selves, getting any long term traction will prove difficult....as will convincing the kids who play the game in great numbers to continue in to open age competitions.

Not sure anyone is infatuated with you, it's just an interesting discussion.

I'd agree with you that when you have a decent Superleague club and an orgniased development system at grass roots there's more opportunity to get people playing especially youngsters.

That's exactly what happens in the north, and the demise of London grass roots rugby league was predicted by London coaching staff.

However the free gangway operates now, and people will play the game and at Championship level & London are going to still find players who can make that grade, so the game is in London to stay but any ideas of real growth needs tens of £Millions.

On the RFL link about London ARL it's the same for Wales RL where the official site lists clubs that came and went years ago in the Celtic C. days. It's disingenuous stuff, and as a realist and enthusiast I'd welcome someone setting out what the actual set up London Broncos sit above is.

It'll be as good as the set up in many northern championship areas, so c'est la vie, people who like RL have clubs to watch and play for, which is great.

Not sure anyone is infatuated with you, it's just an interesting discussion.

I'd agree with you that when you have a decent Superleague club and an orgniased development system at grass roots there's more opportunity to get people playing especially youngsters.

That's exactly what happens in the north, and the demise of London grass roots rugby league was predicted by London coaching staff.

However the free gangway operates now, and people will play the game and at Championship level & London are going to still find players who can make that grade, so the game is in London to stay but any ideas of real growth needs tens of £Millions.

On the RFL link about London ARL it's the same for Wales RL where the official site lists clubs that came and went years ago in the Celtic C. days. It's disingenuous stuff, and as a realist and enthusiast I'd welcome someone setting out what the actual set up London Broncos sit above is.

It'll be as good as the set up in many northern championship areas, so c'est la vie, people who like RL have clubs to watch and play for, which is great.

The so called infatuation is that you comment on all things rugby league , and you don't really know that much about it.

You attempt to belittle rugby leagues great achievements and great clubs and if other forum members fall for that then good luck to you

Everything you have said after referring to my league brothers as Mungoes has been insignificant but alas I must remember to be polite

The so called infatuation is that you comment on all things rugby league , and you don't really know that much about it.

You attempt to belittle rugby leagues great achievements and great clubs and if other forum members fall for that then good luck to you

Everything you have said after referring to my league brothers as Mungoes has been insignificant but alas I must remember to be polite

All of which has nothing to do with London Broncos development... And plenty to do with your opinion of me.

QED!

Archived