survival?

GLENNGARY

Now we are in the championship we need to win our home matches to have any chance of survival, To do this you have to make your home ground  a forttress. As we are in essence playing away from home we are batting on a very sticky wicket. This concerns me greatly as we are forfitting home advantage which his to our detriment. We must have our own turf  be it Sedgely, AJ bell or Ambrose barlow playing fields but it must somewhere that the players can call home and defend with there last ounce of energy. We MUST win our home games, how can we do this when our home games are away games? we have lost any advantage we should have. If anything is showing that we need to be back in Swinton NOW it's the position we are in right now. In two to three years is no good we need to be back pronto. Those two to three years have been going on for twenty three years. If we go back down to championship one due to losing home advantage we may never get back to m27.

No Donald we are a travelling circus at the minute until planning permission for the new temporary stand at Sedgley park (our official 'home') is approved. Last week home was the AJ Bell next week home is Widnes after that is as yet undecided pending planning permission approval.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

I don't know loyalion but we can't carry on as we are. If has seems likely Bury council refuse us permission for the stand our home games could be all over the place. This is no good for the fans or the players and certainly not for the stability of our club. I am a realist and know that big money is needed to buy the ground, I also know that without financial help from  the town council this is going to be an almighty struggle to obtain. I'm 72 today and I am now convinced that I will never see the lions back in Swinton but I am equally convinced that the present situation can't go on as it is.

Unfortunately there just isnt the money lying around these days.Plus the crowd numbers for lower league rugby league aren't sufficient to finance such ventures. It's a crying shame because its a fantastic sport to be involved with.I don't think the RFL try to spread it enough.

Archived