North Wales Crusaders seek new ownership

NW Crusaders may not have a lot of home support, but they travel in decent numbers and are the noisiest bunch of fans in the whole of RL. Its always been a great atmosphere when they've played Dewsbury

RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.

CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

I don't think we are going off the point.

The main point is that we are not talking investment, we are talking subsidy here.

And what we all want to see in a subsidy is that money being used to develop the local game so that means running a semi pro side (or even pro if you can find a Multi Millionaire) BUT also linking into the local schools and developing the junior game.

We need that type of person in a hundred places, good luck.

Im not looking for investment here mate, I don't need luck.

We do need those types of people in many places, I agree. 

I think we are in fact talking about investment here, the investment of people with the skills and resources to drive the club forward, in return for this investment, the person would be a stakeholder in a more valuable brand.

Subsidy implies that the subsidised party has reached its maturity and potential, and is unsustainable.

I could lend your viewpoint to Uber, you buy a stake in Uber, what do you own? basically you own some of the code held in a database to a computer program. Which pays a bunch of mercenary taxi operators and takes money from people who are willing to pay for the services that it provides.

Our game is not a bricks and mortar enterprise, its a service in the entertainment industry, a show if you will. NWC are asking someone to invest in the spectacle and help them to build a new show to bring more people to watch. 

I do agree completely though about your earlier point and the RFL, who have repeatedly been happy to make promises in return for money. The RFL are a much bigger problem. NWC to me, are doing what they can to improve what they have, and should be applauded for it.

Subsidy implies that the subsidised party has reached its maturity and potential, and is unsustainable.

I could lend your viewpoint to Uber, you buy a stake in Uber, what do you own? basically you own some of the code held in a database to a computer program. Which pays a bunch of mercenary taxi operators and takes money from people who are willing to pay for the services that it provides.

Our game is not a bricks and mortar enterprise, its a service in the entertainment industry, a show if you will. NWC are asking someone to invest in the spectacle and help them to build a new show to bring more people to watch. 

Well we can debate subsidy and investment all day.

The facts I am working from is the money it took to get such as Salford absolutely nowhere.

John Wilkinson put £Millions in over 25+ years for no return

Ken Davey puts £Millions into Huddersfield and that does up the crowds, last year they averaged 5,942 fans. No return.

Uber probably make healthy profits, Mr. Wilkinson and Mr. Davey made heavy losses on their SL businesses.

There was a "Who do you think you are" type programme on Welsh tv and Russell Crowe came to Wrexham to see where his ancestors came from and visit distant relatives. Nothing lost in approaching him.

I'm pretty sure some has approached Mr Crowe ( Crowe's were a fruit and verg distribution company in Wrexham some time ago - thats the link) but I'm not sure we ever had a reply but I think Wrexham Rabbitos is quite a catchy handle!

What about making Tom Jones the new president of the club.

Even though 'Delilah' has become a fans favourite to sing on the terraces I'm not sure Sir Tom would be interested - but it may be worth asking!

Archived