Video of France vs Ireland 2015

I came across this video from 2015 of France vs Ireland. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3adx9o_rxiii-european-championship-2015-france-irland-albi_sport

It was an interesting game, especially in the second half. However France would have to improve on this performance if it is to make an impression in the next World Cup.

It was my first chance to see some of the lesser known French players. France was considerably under strength, playing without Catalans regulars Casty, Pelissier, Duport, Yaha, Baiteri, Bosc, Mounis and Elima. (I have read somewhere that the latter three have retired from representative duties).

I thought that of the lesser know French players scrum half Remy Marginet and winger Jordan Sigismeau (despite dropping one bomb) were impressive. It would be nice to see the much heralded young Catalans no 6 Lucas Albert given his chance for France in the not too distant future.

Ireland may have been under strength too, though I only know of Pat Richards who played for them in the World Cup.

Archived