The NRL Grand Final could stay at homebush

The perfect opportunity to showcase this big event in unfamiliar territories to boost the profile of rugby league shouldn't be missed. The grand final shouldn't be played in a construction site. Hopefully sense prevails

Imo I would take the GF if it needs to be moved to QLD and Auckland, I don't think Victoria deserves the Grand final under any circumstances the way the game has been treated by the state for 100 plus years. Plus it would be swamped with nothing but AFL propaganda leading up to, during and after the event, no, it would be an absolute disaster. Let a League city host it, at least it will receive the respect it deserves and have the actual city and it's people behind it wanting it to succeed.

Victoria, sorry, it would be purposefully sabotaged by the VFL zealots, and they'd be even doing this without knowing they are doing it when they are trying to not do the wrong thing if you know what I mean, it's ingrained ;)

The perfect opportunity to showcase this big event in unfamiliar territories to boost the profile of rugby league shouldn't be missed. The grand final shouldn't be played in a construction site. Hopefully sense prevails

Couldn't agree more. This is the perfect opportunity to showpiece the NRL's premier event in non-heartland expansion areas like Melbourne, Perth and Auckland before it heads back to Sydney for 20 years. It would obvioulsy help the storm, RL in NZ and hopefully a future Perth NRL franchise.

Imo I would take the GF if it needs to be moved to QLD and Auckland, I don't think Victoria deserves the Grand final under any circumstances the way the game has been treated by the state for 100 plus years. Plus it would be swamped with nothing but AFL propaganda leading up to, during and after the event, no, it would be an absolute disaster. Let a League city host it, at least it will receive the respect it deserves and have the actual city and it's people behind it wanting it to succeed.

Victoria, sorry, it would be purposefully sabotaged by the VFL zealots, and they'd be even doing this without knowing they are doing it when they are trying to not do the wrong thing if you know what I mean, it's ingrained ;)

All the more reason to take it to Melbourne for me. Who cares what the AFL think and say and not taking the grand final to Melbourne would see them win.

All the more reason to take it to Melbourne for me. Who cares what the AFL think and say and not taking the grand final to Melbourne would see them win.

Spot on although rugby league can expect a full on assault from the pro AFL media in Melbourne. Football in Australia experiences it firsthand on a regular basis with every little incident sensationalized

Spot on although rugby league can expect a full on assault from the pro AFL media in Melbourne. Football in Australia experiences it firsthand on a regular basis with every little incident sensationalized

There's only 2 options that I can see, stand and fight or runaway.

Nope, we should leave that to Internationals where they can get behind the national team with the odd SOO game, they get their Storm games during the season.

You're all talking like this is set in stone! Isn't it just ANZ saying they want to keep it there?

Eden Park, MCG, Suncorp should all get at least 1 go in the 4 year project

just alternate the final between suncorp & the SCG for 4 years

i don't think going to the MCG week before or after the AFL grand final is a wise move

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived