2016 NRL Match Thread Round 9

So Souths back close.

What's the betting, Tigers or Bunnies?

Wests have forwards at both centres and at 6 so I don't think they can hold on for the full 80.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Souths back close.

What's the betting, Tigers or Bunnies?

Somewhat unbelievably on Flash Scores Rabbitohs are priced 1/3 at the moment

Now out to 2/1 in the blink of an eye

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

PS hope the pitch is good and grass green.

No, you would have been very disappointed. It looks like an Echidna farm. (Note fairly obvious Monotreme reference there.)

Thanks for updates Farmduck will enjoy watching recording after the Wire/Pies game.

I see your pleased with TIGERS win

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Watching recording of Rabbitohs/Tigers.Why is Anz stadium used for so many games. The place looks about one tenth full and generates no atmosphere. Tomorrow's game between Eels/Bulldogs is also being played here what's wrong with Pirtek?

Watching recording of Rabbitohs/Tigers.Why is Anz stadium used for so many games. The place looks about one tenth full and generates no atmosphere. Tomorrow's game between Eels/Bulldogs is also being played here what's wrong with Pirtek?

Long story but NSW Govt is, quite rightly IMO, refusing to keep spending money on suburban grounds. They want the NRL to commit to a set number of ANZ Stadium games. The NRL also wants clus to be more self-sufficient and wean them off the TV money. Part of that is marketing and building better sponsorships and the corporate facilities at ANZ should be used as part of that.

EELS v BULLDOGS

7.50pm Friday at ANZ Stadium

Eels: 1 Michael Gordon 2 Semi Radradra 3 Michael Jennings 4 Brad Takairangi 5 Clinton Gutherson 6 Corey Norman 7 Kieran Foran © 8 Junior Paulo, 9 Nathan Peats 10 Daniel Alvaro 11 Manu Ma’u 12 Beau Scott 13 Tepai Moeroa Interchange: 14 Isaac De Gois 15 Peni Terepo 16 Danny Wicks 17 Kenny Edwards

* Foran is out, replaced by a Cornish. I can never remember which Cornish is which - they're both from Canberra, both halves and both play in NSW Cup.

Bulldogs: 1 Will Hopoate 2 Curtis Rona 3 Josh Morris 4 Kerrod Holland 5 Sam Perrett 6 Josh Reynolds 7 Moses Mbye 8 Aiden Tolman 9 Michael Lichaa 10 James Graham © 11 Josh Jackson 12 Tony Williams 13 Greg Eastwood. Interchange: 14 Sam Kasiano 15 Tim Browne 16 David Klemmer 17 Craig Garvey 19 Lloyd Perrett 22 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

* Unchanged 17, with Lloyd Perrett and Raymond Faitala-Mariner added to an extended bench.

I originally tipped the Eels but without Foran I'm not so confident.

16min: they bring the ball back from the NO TRY for the scrum and Brad Takairangi scores on the 2nd play. Gordon converts. 6-6

Don't like the look of all that padding and strapping on Michael Gordon's quad.

Takairangi is playing at 6 tonight to replace Foran with Vai Toutai taking the centre spot.

39min: Clint Gutherson scores for the Anguillforms after a long run - play went 60m after a forward pass from dummy half. It's on the board. Gutherson misses conversion.

HT: Dogs 12  Eels 10

42min: Rona crosses again but his hand touches the line before he grounds the ball. NO TRY

Michael Gordon hasn't returned from the break. I guess Gutherson is at FB and Toutai to the wing, some guy probably moved to centre.

Archived