2016 NRL Match Thread Round 9

Afternoon/evening Farmduck enjoying the game?

It's a bit dull with both teams playing very low-risk percentage game. I don't know what the re-shuffled Eels backline looks like because they haven't put on a backline move since HT.

Gutherson converts. Eels 16-12

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Irish, there is part of your answer to the ANZ question. Tonight's crowd: 31,800 for an Eels home game. They can only fit about 24K in Pirtek.

Yes I notice they had over 30,000 for their earlier fixture that was also played here.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

75min: we'll possibly hear more about that penalty for Junior Paulo's "high tackle" on Reynolds. Reynolds was lying on the ground, apparently out for the count but they didn't take him off because they need their halves out there for the last 5 minutes.

So now, 2 minutes later, Reynolds has been taken off but he's sitting on the bench. If it was a head bin, he'd be inside the shed getting his, like thinky, head thing tested.

With all their problems, Eels still finding ways to win.

Thanks for the updates Farmduck.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

There was a brouhaha in the last 30 seconds so all the players had to go back and take the penalty.

FT: Eels 20  Dogs 12

Crowd: 31,800

Amazing that on both games this week, the team that lost their half on game day then lost their FB at HT went on to win.

So now, 2 minutes later, Reynolds has been taken off but he's sitting on the bench. If it was a head bin, he'd be inside the shed getting his, like thinky, head thing tested.

Reynolds brings the game into disrepute.

He plays for the right team as he is a dead set Dog.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Thought the dogs got screwed over by the officials in that one. 2 of the 3 disallowed try's could easily have been given and the eels try just before HT had 2 blatant forward passes, touch judge must have had his eyes shut to miss those.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think the Dogs had 4 disallowed and I thought the decisions were all correct. I thought that length of the field one was obvious accidental offside, Kasiano definitely dropped the ball, Rona clearly put his hand on the line for his second No Try. The first Rona No Try I couldn't see the ball on the ground at any stage.

I think the Dogs had 4 disallowed and I thought the decisions were all correct. I thought that length of the field one was obvious accidental offside, Kasiano definitely dropped the ball, Rona clearly put his hand on the line for his second No Try. The first Rona No Try I couldn't see the ball on the ground at any stage.

Spot on.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Spot on.

In the post-match, even Hasler agreed with those calls.

PANTHERS v RAIDERS

3pm Saturday at Carrington Park, Bathurst

Panthers: 1 Matt Moylan © 2 Josh Mansour 12 Isaah Yeo 5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6 Jamie Soward 7 Peter Wallace 8 Leilani Latu 9 James Segeyaro 10 Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11 Bryce Cartwright 14 Tyrone Peachey 13 Trent Merrin. Interchange:  15 Jeremy Latimore 16 Suaia Matagi 17 James Fisher-Harris 20 Sam McKendry

* James Segeyaro (broken arm) is back, with Peter Wallace returning to the halves in place of Te Marie Martin (shoulder). Dean Whare is out (possibly for season) probably replaced by Yeo with Peachey replacing Yeo in back row. Sam McKendry (suspension) returns on the bench.

Raiders: 1 Jack Wighton 2 Edrick Lee 3 Jarrod Croker 4 Joseph Leilua 5 Jordan Rapana 6 Sam Williams 7 Aidan Sezer 8 Shannon Boyd 9 Josh Hodgson 10 Paul Vaughan 11 Josh Papalii 12 Elliot Whitehead 13 Shaun Fensom. Interchange: 14 Kurt Baptiste 15 Luke Bateman 16 Clay Priest 17 Joseph Tapine 18 Frank-Paul Nuuausala

* Unchanged 17, with Frank-Paul Nuuausala added as 18th man.

The ledger currently stands in favour of the Raiders, who, since 1982, have won 34-33 of the games between these two.

In the NYC the Panthers are thumping the Raiders 34-6 and there's still 8 minutes to HT. Panthers have a Fijian-born winger Ratu Tuisese who just scored a 80m try. When are the Fijians going to start producing some forwards?

Tim Roby is the Head Ref - NYC usually only has 1 ref but has 2 for the televised games. Maybe it's so that can bring in newer refs then run through the video for development and review?

Now it's 40-6 with 3 minutes to HT.

ROOSTERS v KNIGHTS

5.30pm Saturday at Allianz Stadium

Roosters: 1 Latrell Mitchell 2 Joe Burgess 3 Mitchell Aubusson 4 Blake Ferguson 5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6 Jackson Hastings 7 Mitchell Pearce 8 Sam Moa 9 Jake Friend © 10 Dylan Napa 11 Boyd Cordner 12 Aidan Guerra 13 Isaac Liu. Interchange: 14 Kane Evans 15 Eloni Vunakece 16 Ryan Matterson 17 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 18 Connor Watson

* Mitchell Pearce (disciplinary), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (ACL) and Isaac Liu (suspension) return. Brendan Elliot and Mitchell Frei are the omissions, with Connor Watson dropping to 18th man.

Knights: 1 Dane Gagai 2 Nathan Ross 3 Sione Mata’utia 4 Pat Mata’utia 5 Akuila Uate 6 Will Pearsall 7 Trent Hodkinson © 8 Sam Mataora 9 Danny Levi 10 Daniel Saifiti 11 Tariq Sims © 12 Korbin Sims 13 Jeremy Smith © Interchange: 14 Tyler Randell 15 David Bhana 16 Jacob Saifiti 17 Pauli Pauli 18 Brock Lamb 19 Jack Stockwell 20 Mickey Paea

* Will Pearsall has been given first crack at Jarrod Mullen’s (hamstring) vacated No. 6 jumper, although young gun Brock Lamb has also been named on an extended bench. Pat Mata’utia replaces brother Peter (knee) in the centres. Pauli Pauli (suspension) returns on the bench in place of Josh King. Mickey Paea and Jack Stockwell also join the squad.

Archived