Australia vs New Zealand Game Talk... started ok but then...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they keep saying Luke hasn't been in good form for Souths? It's true though, if you look at their stats this year, he's done nothing.

Just got around to watching the game, very disappointing from both sides.

Kiwis had little attacking spark. Shaun Johnson refused to run the ball at the line and break the game up. Nikorima likewise, all too easy for the Aussie to contain. Maybe somebody like Manniah Cherrington as replacement dummy half may have been a better option than asking Kenny Bromwich to do something way out of his comfort zone.

Interestingly Thurston said Meninga had simplified the game plan from the old Tim Sheens regime. It looked like the new plan was to run plenty of block plays and put up kicks to the corner for the wingers to contest. Again, not too difficult for the Kiwis to read and manage.

No doubt both countries will improve by 4N's time, but England must realise both these teams are very beatable.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Phil Gould is getting bagged for his comments:

"Australia have been professional but unimpressive," Gould said during Channel Nine's broadcast. "They can't possibly be thinking this is the side for the World Cup at the end of next year. Don't get me wrong they have all been excellent players, but there comes a time."

I can't believe there's a single honest AUS fan who disagrees with Gould. I watched the game and I was thinking exactly the same thing long before Gould said it.

Archived