Shield - who will we play and where?

Blind side johnny

I love the optimism but we need to manage expectations.

Reality of it is we won't make the shield final and won't get relegated.

But saying should and could win games sets you up for a fall. We went to Workington expecting to deliver a pasting and lost. Final hooter or not we lost. Same for Oldham away.

Let's not hide behind the truth.

The simple question is will the players be up for it. If they are then no problems, if they aren't.....................................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The simple question is will the players be up for it. If they are then no problems, if they aren't.....................................

I am not just saying this for the sake, but I honestly believe we could get a better half back pairing in our local amateur clubs than Goulding and Speakman.

I am not just saying this for the sake, but I honestly believe we could get a better half back pairing in our local amateur clubs than Goulding and Speakman.

Speakman has done ok at no 9 ...... we should stick with Kain and Sykes at half back... at least they know the plays!!  and they both have a trick or two in their bag!! 

Speakman has done ok at no 9 ...... we should stick with Kain and Sykes at half back... at least they know the plays!! and they both have a trick or two in their bag!!

He lined up at 6 against Leigh, it was more "I can't Speak"man when I saw that.

Agree on the Sykes/Kain but on reflection still isn't good enough. We can only hope for better for 2017.

So we have:

Aug 7th Swinton (H)

Aug 14th Workington (A)

Aug 21st Halifax (A)

Aug 29th Bradford (H)

Sept 4th Whitehaven (H)

Sept 11th Sheffield (A) - if the caretaker grants us permission.

Sept 18th Oldham (H)

Piece of cake.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I love the optimism but we need to manage expectations.

Reality of it is we won't make the shield final and won't get relegated.

But saying should and could win games sets you up for a fall. We went to Workington expecting to deliver a pasting and lost. Final hooter or not we lost. Same for Oldham away.

Let's not hide behind the truth.

i think town are the in form team out of the bottom 6. Dewsbury at home out of our 1st 4 games is the one im most worried about. I think well beat oldham and swinton away and haven at home but its the rams visit which could throw a spanner in the works. If we win them 4 well survive, 3 and well have to hope the likes of yourselves take out our 3 biggest rivals.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

i think town are the in form team out of the bottom 6. Dewsbury at home out of our 1st 4 games is the one im most worried about. I think well beat oldham and swinton away and haven at home but its the rams visit which could throw a spanner in the works. If we win them 4 well survive, 3 and well have to hope the likes of yourselves take out our 3 biggest rivals.

You are right ... you certainly are closing out the tight ones ... or J.S. is closing out the tight ones.. We have the players to do well in the shield ... but I am not sure we have the will to win!!  we could win all 7 equally we could lose all 7!!  I just don't know where the team are at the moment ..  with all the rumours of departures and unrest ! ... I just hope we find the desire and professionalism to play to our potential in the shield ... if we do we could win it ... if we don't we might get relegated ... thats just what its been like being a Rams fan this year!!

I don't think we'll be relegated, but we must be on our mettle for all seven games and I think that that is a tall order. We have the players to perform well, but do we have a team?

Like TONO's post (27th July) I reckon we should beat those teams below us, with only Workington being the one that could go either way, but Halifax will win and Bradford will want to take us to the cleaners. Sheffield is the conundrum; we should have won there, so we could do it, but they seem to have hit form. Think I'll reserve judgement until nearer the day.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I don't think we'll be relegated, but we must be on our mettle for all seven games and I think that that is a tall order. We have the players to perform well, but do we have a team?

Like TONO's post (27th July) I reckon we should beat those teams below us, with only Workington being the one that could go either way, but Halifax will win and Bradford will want to take us to the cleaners. Sheffield is the conundrum; we should have won there, so we could do it, but they seem to have hit form. Think I'll reserve judgement until nearer the day.

Maybe the Bradford game will also be winnable given their present shenanigans.

:ph34r:  

Archived