NRL SUPERCOACH 2017 TotalRLSCLeague17 FINAL POSITIONS ...TOTAL POINTS and HEAD2HEAD Chat Here; 2018 EARLY CHAT/NEWS

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that first Team List Tuesday for Round 1 will decide many things for me, particularly in regards to some cheapies who may or may not get a starting spot.

Ponga could be amazing but cant see him getting in the Cowboys first choice team given he is leaving for Newcastle at seasons end. He will make appearances but not sure if he will be a regular. Its a wait and see for him I think.

Finding it harder to select my team this year, not entirely sure why, keep playing and tinkering with it but until round 1 teams are in I wont get everything sorted.

What's the story on Kieran Foran? Is he likely to be registered by the NRL and is there any sort of timescale on this?

I've heard good things about Ata Hingano who will very likely be partnering SJ in the halves and is potentially a good SC cheapie for 2017, but if Foran gets registered then he will be a no-go as he just wont get the game time. (until SJ gets injured as standard and he becomes relevant again!)

In December Foran's chances of being allowed to play were described as slim.

As well as his problems and how the NRL sees his rehab, he's then supposed to have had a shoulder injury.

Latest thing I could find was 

HERE

Yes, a lot of folk are looking to include Hingaro in their SC squads

That's it, all 20 places are taken in our 2017 NRL Supercoach League.

Welcome Adam, and good luck all.

Now comes the challenge: picking that team to enter Round 1 with.

I've got a team that might be nearly there, but still have two places to fill, plus there's bound to be some swapping once we get to TLT

full 20.jpg

I have changed my team a fair bit over the past week and no doubt will do so again until the Team List Tuesday is announced. Some players for me I think are a big risk Foran for example. A number of players are already out for the first few weeks Croker, Wardle etc and others sadly out for the season like McKendry. Good to maybe check who is injured from the trials and for how long they will be out. 

I think I've reached fine tuning stage now, with team list Tuesday to decide a few of my cheapie options. I do think this year is harder to get a balance, there aren't many viable cheapies out there that look like getting regular game time. My team Is getting there, at least I think it is! Ha! 

I had Croker in my team but have decide to replace him as likely missing first 3 or 4 Rounds- possibly more. There are a few Cheap Options that are on the fringes of selection that will be lucky to get time on the bench let alone start Ponga, Croft, Burns etc. Others that will start but how long will they stay there, thinking of Hingalo for example. It does seem to be harder than ever and the cheap options are very much a lottery on how they will go. I have my side now and just hope that they dont pick up any injuries. First time I have really had to research the cheaper options, as was struggling to get my team under the Cap

Many of the cheap ones that have been talked about and looked to have good prospects a few weeks ago seem to either have got injured, or have been talked down by their coaches eg Ponga, who I'm sure will figure this year and do well, but looks to be having to work hard to earn his place.

So it does seem tricky to have the full gun/cheapie blend.

I'm hoping TLT will help.

It's definitely a lot harder to pick a squad this year. But I like it. The dearth of cheapies (before TLT anyway) means you need to be a keen student of the NRL to put together a good team, rather than Supercoach articles telling everybody who's good value.

I put together my initial team and have barely touched it since, despite reviewing all positions after the trials.

I think way too many players are way over-priced. So it'll be very interesting to see the makeup of teams once Round 1 gets rolling.

Yes, I realise it could be me who's got it all wrong and will sink. I'm definitely taking a few punts.

Archived