Bulls

RIGGY

Should be a great game this Sunday Bulls have two new faces this week in Scott Moore and Kevin Larroyer

Please don't stay in and watch your TV get yourselves down to Heywood Road and see some good rugby.   Kick off 3pm

Absolutely gutted by the loss today, as pundits say bad decisions loses matches, for me the decision not to take the two points and go in at half time 12 - 16 down, instead went in 10-22 down.

Second half we had Bradford on the rack, two excellent tries and at 22 all we were on top, second bad decision this time by the ref to sin bin our player rather than just award the penalty - changed the course of the game.

The fact that Bradford took a penalty and two drop goals showed what respect they had for Swinton today.............the team is almost there but not yet. I would have targeted Price more by running at him at every opportunity as he looked quite slow.

To their credit the Bradford coach and hooker ( interviewed on Radio Leeds, no point listening to Radio Manchester......too busy talking about Warrington and Wigan) both gave Swinton lots of credit, the hooker in particular said the game was won on two or three penalties given away by Swinton.

Final comment, we cannot expect Robinson to catch high balls, his centre needs to be doing that for him.

Will be a very tough match next week as Fev seem to be on fire right now...............

1 hour ago, wayne_r said:

Absolutely gutted by the loss today, as pundits say bad decisions loses matches, for me the decision not to take the two points and go in at half time 12 - 16 down, instead went in 10-22 down.

Second half we had Bradford on the rack, two excellent tries and at 22 all we were on top, second bad decision this time by the ref to sin bin our player rather than just award the penalty - changed the course of the game.

The fact that Bradford took a penalty and two drop goals showed what respect they had for Swinton today.............the team is almost there but not yet. I would have targeted Price more by running at him at every opportunity as he looked quite slow.

To their credit the Bradford coach and hooker ( interviewed on Radio Leeds, no point listening to Radio Manchester......too busy talking about Warrington and Wigan) both gave Swinton lots of credit, the hooker in particular said the game was won on two or three penalties given away by Swinton.

Final comment, we cannot expect Robinson to catch high balls, his centre needs to be doing that for him.

Will be a very tough match next week as Fev seem to be on fire right now...............

The ref was a complete total penis today.

Great game. Plenty of biff only fuelled by the refs inability to make correct decisions for both sides. I must say though that I find Lions selection a little confusing. 2nd week now that Gore has left the field early with no pivot replacement on the bench - especially as Waterworth and White were named in the 19. That and expecting Kenny to maintain for 80 mins whilst Atkin is expected to cover for both halfback positions. I guess that Duffy went for size again but without control around the park by 2 halfbacks life will be difficult.

Yes I think you are right, Duffy put out a side to win / compete in the forward battle - which the team did do against a big Bradford pack, we also showed we can score against anyone with Gore and Atkin moving the ball and with Murphy joining the attacking line we almost expect to score with every play. I also agree about have cover on the bench........the ref was pivotal in his decisions, which hurt us more than Bradford, the sin binning for dissent was unbelievable - there was a time when a ref would  award an extra 10 yds for dissent but with that guy he obviously felt pressured by the crowd and the players, so he decided to stamp his authority........The team cannot be disheartened - they played really well and as I said in my earlier post had Bradford on the rack until the sin binning. Even though they lost - it is such a please to see that the team has such a good coach in Duffy ( and his staff).

Archived