Barba Signs for Saints. Must the ban apply?

So we know now where Ben Barba is going. His playing destination is St Helens in Super League.

Saints want 'clarification' as to whether he must serve the twelve game ban he earned himself in NRL.

Well of course he must. Anything else would be wrong, sending out the wrong message about our game, international unity and agreement. It would also demean the game in our country.

Ben Barba should serve his full ban. A ban in NRL should be a ban in SL and vice versa.

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

It will all end in tears when Barba has served his ban and played a few games for Saints then says he's homesick and returns to Australia.

:D It wouldn't surprise me, but hopefully it won't happen.

If he were to do as you say, he probably doesn't even need to play any games though. He merely needs to pick up an injury at training.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

59 minutes ago, Vichyssoise said:

:D It wouldn't surprise me, but hopefully it won't happen.

If he were to do as you say, he probably doesn't even need to play any games though. He merely needs to pick up an injury at training.

He will probably want to play a few matches to get match fit.

I can't believe Saints have been sucked him by his agent to sign him.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

The only right thing to do, indeed.

* Subject to change

Let the man play, he did coke at Cronulla (isn't it mandatory to be on something there?) , He's now free of that blue and black burden and should be allowed to play, Great talent & I can't wait to see him tear it up in SL.

Archived