The City of Coventry for Wolfpack Fans

deluded pom?

Very interesting and a nice write up...looks like a place I might want to visit...any She-Wolves over there???

Also:  Any place to kayak over there?

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Get your kayak out and paddle down the River Avon K man and see where Willie Shakespeare was from. She wolves can be found in Warrington.

You are too funny!

How far can I paddle on the river without a pass or something...is the traffic regulated?...pollution?

Are kayak rentals available?

On 5/28/2017 at 4:15 PM, deluded pom? said:

Damnit K man, I'm a rugby league fan not an expert on the nautical requirements of the rivers of Great Britain.

Deluded Pom you have a dangerous sharp wit my friend...dangerous indeed.   I'm calling for 8200 for the game on Saturday...I know the Coventry boys will play their best.

Your guesstimate?______________

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Deluded Pom you have a dangerous sharp wit my friend...dangerous indeed.   I'm calling for 8200 for the game on Saturday...I know the Coventry boys will play their best.

Your guesstimate?______________

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/301789-hello-from-toronto/#comment-3548624

Sixth post down K man. Do keep up. Are you getting to grips with the rules of RL yet? If you have any questions regarding rules and tactics give me a yell and I'll ask someone who knows what they are on about.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/301789-hello-from-toronto/#comment-3548624

Sixth post down K man. Do keep up. Are you getting to grips with the rules of RL yet? If you have any questions regarding rules and tactics give me a yell and I'll ask someone who knows what they are on about.

Oh my God you're right ...forgot about the sixth post down...I'm getting in too deep DP...too deep!

OK heres 2 things I need to know:

1) Thought the scrums would at least be a little more contested with a feed somewhere close to being down the middle...when did they change this?...I figure they did it just to get a quick restart and back to the running game...it seems a bit of a lark though, also

2)This 40/20 thing...so Okay a guy kicks it from behind his 40 and if it goes inside the opposing teams 20, lands in bounds and THEN bounces into touch its a true 40/20 and you get the scrum? or can it initially land at lets say the 25 m mark...then bounce like a grubber inside the 20 and then into touch...does this still count as a true 40/20?

3) the quick restart when it goes into touch and not having a lineout is nice for the crowd and keeps the game flowing (just an observation)

Oh ya,...I know its sort of technical but,  I see that there are lots of switches and crashes...also lots of miss outs...but it seems the missouts are just to give a few guys a rest etc.   Why no looping on the missouts?...doesn't seem to happen often but it would get an extra pair of hands in, and, then just do a switch when getting near the touch line?

Everything else I pretty well get.

1. Contested scrums went out years ago due to the huge amount of penalties, or resets, being given as cheating to gain the advantage was rife. Feeding the scrum to your own team, hookers striking for the ball early, props twisting the scrum to give his own hooker an advantage, etc. etc. So they decided to let the non offending team have all the advantages without being penalised and so we ended up with what we have today. It's basically a way to restart the game. There used to be a theory that it took the forwards out of the game for a short spell and allowed the backs to do their thing but the coaches even spoiled that by taking forwards out of the scrum to tighten up the defence in the middle. Occasionally a defending team will try and surprise the opposition by actually pushing the other team off the ball and gaining possession but it's a once in a blue moon thing.

2. A 40/20 has to be kicked with at least the standing foot on the 40 M line and the ball has to bounce in the field of play either on or beyond the 20 M line. If done correctly the non kicking team get the scrum feed (almost guaranteed possession). In Australia the kicking team get a tap restart (don't ask).

3. The switches (do you mean dummy runners who are used as decoys?) are to try and fool the defence into thinking a player who isn't intended to get the ball may get it and it puts doubts into the defence's minds and may leave the defence short wider out. You will see the loop or runaround as it's known in RL but not very often.

Hope this helps.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

1. Contested scrums went out years ago due to the huge amount of penalties, or resets, being given as cheating to gain the advantage was rife. Feeding the scrum to your own team, hookers striking for the ball early, props twisting the scrum to give his own hooker an advantage, etc. etc. So they decided to let the non offending team have all the advantages without being penalised and so we ended up with what we have today. It's basically a way to restart the game. There used to be a theory that it took the forwards out of the game for a short spell and allowed the backs to do their thing but the coaches even spoiled that by taking forwards out of the scrum to tighten up the defence in the middle. Occasionally a defending team will try and surprise the opposition by actually pushing the other team off the ball and gaining possession but it's a once in a blue moon thing.

2. A 40/20 has to be kicked with at least the standing foot on the 40 M line and the ball has to bounce in the field of play either on or beyond the 20 M line. If done correctly the non kicking team get the scrum feed (almost guaranteed possession). In Australia the kicking team get a tap restart (don't ask).

3. The switches (do you mean dummy runners who are used as decoys?) are to try and fool the defence into thinking a player who isn't intended to get the ball may get it and it puts doubts into the defence's minds and may leave the defence short wider out. You will see the loop or runaround as it's known in RL but not very often.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for being so patient.

On 31/05/2017 at 8:26 AM, deluded pom? said:

Hope this helps.

No scrums from a 40/20 this season it's a tap for on where the ball went dead 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

No scrums from a 40/20 this season it's a tap for on where the ball went dead 

Bearman that is an insightful comment from someone who MUST be hungover!

Archived