State of Origin 1 (16/05/2024)

Let's see how many different forums people post about this match, shall we?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was tossing up where to start a thread. I was going with AUS RL then thought I'd try here.

My money's on General RL

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I was tossing up where to start a thread. I was going with AUS RL then thought I'd try here.

My money's on General RL

I reckon all three. Whoever coined the phrase about herding cats never tried getting RL fans to all pull in the same direction.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First blood to the Blues!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

Jaime Chapman - what a run, what a try!

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted (edited)

I do not think Queensland were expecting this!

QLD 0:14 NSW with two decent chances bombed by the Blues to boot.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A great first half for the Blues - probably better than even they hoped for.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

51 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

My money's on General RL

Some on there would moan about there being this forum for it!

• Haha 1

Just now, Farmduck said:

Blues blew that try

That's the third chance where quicker hands would have seen them over easily.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Queensland finally trouble the scoreboard. They look a lot more fired up in this half.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Did the Blues burn themselves out early?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Did the Blues burn themselves out early?

Maybe not - Caitlan Johnston just smashed through to score by the posts.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Johnston try

Phew! even womens SOO is too stressful to watch when you're a NSWer. I keep expecting Qld to come back. It could be 20-0 with three minutes left and I'd still be nervous.

Posted (edited)

A bad read by Chapman of a chip, and the Maroons score again, with the conversion bouncing in off the crossbar.

12:22

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh yeah, it's 70 minute matches for the women Down Under. I keep forgetting that.

Well done, NSW. A blistering first half and a tough second.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Imagine how good it would be if they were both in season. Almost RFL levels of scheduling. 🙂

The women are currently playing, just not in the NRLW.

Hot start Blues. Should have been out of sight. Strong across the park. Izzy Kelly outstanding. Pound for pound possibly the most deceptively powerful player in RL.

Tarryn Aiken took a long time to get going. Ali Brigginshaw might have run her race, at least at Origin level.

Final score probably flatters the Maroons. Even when creeping back into the contest, they never looked as dangerous as the Blues.

Loved the game, loved the occasion. Loved seeing the crowd.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

And with that said, how annoying is Gould. He says something he thinks is clever and then says the same thing over and over... he is so smug it is nauseating. 

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

And with that said, how annoying is Gould. He says something he thinks is clever and then says the same thing over and over... he is so smug it is nauseating. 

"WOW! She's a strong girl!"