Match thread: London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Sunday February 18th

marklaspalmas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct,best seat in the house they used to say and after watching it fully I believe there was nowt wrong with Davies try,Moore deserved to get sent off and Thacks struggled with the high ball.Maybe put safe as houses Hardman back in that fullback roll.Apart from spoiling my week I am sure its a minor blip ,sometimes you learn more in defeat which shows up any weaknesses that can be sorted.

2 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

I know i have it 

i was still there though and for all the good roverstv is - it doesnt show you the discussions, comments made and the frustrations that was displayed on the terraces - a shame that it doesnt interview supporters after the game actually on the way out - perhaps those that didnt go would have more of a truer insight into how bad it actually was 

That's exactly why you often get a much more balanced view watching the game for a second time - you aren't affected by all the subjective nonsense that we all come out with as the frustrations and emotions watching a poor performance mount.

I remember when we lost 46-4 down there in a dead rubber in the middle 8s two years ago and the concensus amongst those stood around me was to get rid of the entire team (which included Briscoe, Davies, Tagg, Cooper, Thackeray etc).

It's the same with refs too...when you're standing next to dozens of others who are screaming abuse at half his decisions it's easy to come home thinking he's been dead against your team...then you sit down and watch the video later and usually they've got most of the calls right.

To be honest, I'm struggling to get my head around the idea of getting a "truer insight" by listening to fans' discussions and comments made than by watching the 80 minutes on tape.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

andThat's exactly why you often get a much more balanced view watching the game for a second time - you aren't affected by all the subjective nonsense that we all come out with as the frustrations and emotions watching a poor performance mount.

I remember when we lost 46-4 down there in a dead rubber in the middle 8s two years ago and the concensus amongst those stood around me was to get rid of the entire team (which included Briscoe, Davies, Tagg, Cooper, Thackeray etc).

It's the same with refs too...when you're standing next to dozens of others who are screaming abuse at half his decisions it's easy to come home thinking he's been dead against your team...then you sit down and watch the video later and usually they've got most of the calls right.

To be honest, I'm struggling to get my head around the idea of getting a "truer insight" by listening to fans' discussions and comments made than by watching the 80 minutes on tape.

I agree, sometimes it might be painful but watching a defeat for the second time can often give you a big insight on the weaknesses within the team, but on this occasion I'm going to find the time to go back over the London defeat from a completely different view, which is that they are a much better side than we give them credit for. Their thrashing of Toronto and yesterday's defeat for Leigh combined with Barrow's loss at Batley has put a whole new perspective on the prospects for the season.

• 2 months later...

Archived