3-4 Mar: Betfred Championship - Match Thread

20 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Yes, I know. A customer in the shop told me that but I would not have any idea how to download it in programme form and don't have a colour printer. I have been attending RL matches since 1971 and I expect to buy a programme and read it at half time.

I'm sure if you asked someone nicely, they would have shown you how to download the programme

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Well done Featherstone - brilliantly handled. He should be forced to attend more Leigh games as an additional punishment. :ph34r:

Doesn't the hosting club cop for it? But yes well done Fev. Amazing those Rovers cameras.

On 04/03/2018 at 11:10 AM, The Daddy said:

TO v Rochdale highlights. Great to see Ford back, you can see from some of the tries scored he was involved in a few of them. His presence alone will be a big lift to the team. He actually reminds me of Leon Pryce when he played. Robin-Ford-Barthau gives the TO team a great edge in the half back positions.

And how much improved does Bastian Ader look? He seems to have added some power and speed to go with his flair. There were a couple of tries where he just bounced off 2-3 of the opposing defenders. He looks to have put on a bit of beef too. 

Ader does look good. Thought TO got the rub of the green with a couple of tries - the Barthau first one looked like he pushed a defender off the ball in the in goal, and there was another try which looked like it was deflected forward. Overall very comprehensive though. Luke Adamson should have seen red for a gutless attack to the back of the head of the TO player, I'm sure the disciplinary committee will pick up on it. I couldn't believe Livett was playing for Rochdale, and it looked like he had a shocker too

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Spidey said:

Have you read the reasons why? It’s a genuine reason.

Why you’d want to buy a programme for a game you were not going attend seems strange to me anyway. But that may just be me. 

I had every intention of paying to watch the game until I found out there was no programme. I often call at grounds to buy a programme when I'm on my way to other grounds. I got 4 programmes in one day last season from Leigh, Leigh Miners Rangers, Ince Rose Bridge and Wigan St. Patricks. I pay the full entry price to get them too. I like to help out the less wealthier clubs in Rugby League.

2 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I had every intention of paying to watch the game until I found out there was no programme. I often call at grounds to buy a programme when I'm on my way to other grounds. I got 4 programmes in one day last season from Leigh, Leigh Miners Rangers, Ince Rose Bridge and Wigan St. Patricks. I pay the full entry price to get them too. I like to help out the less wealthier clubs in Rugby League.

Fair enough. There’s an interesting debate at the minute amongst the EFL Soccer clubs about removing the requirement for match day programmes - a lot of smaller clubs saying no money is to be made on them and end up costing clubs money. 

It seems to be a shift away from this to digital. Not everyboy’s cup of tea, but clubs need to adjust to the majority of the customer base and what the demand is. 

I like a good read of a programme -  digital would suit me as I’d have less discussions with the wife about “rubbish” all over the house ?

I have over 9,000 RL programmes pal and I love to just pick a few out every now and again and remember the day. All memories of the day soon flood back. I am sure my wife will take great delight in burning them all when I die but, while I'm here I will carry on as I am. I have took some personal insults on these forums for being a "fossil" etc but , I would probably out-run, out work, certainly out hike, out drink and more than likely out fight most of those that say these things. I am a Luddite and I am a "dinosaur" but I thank God every day that I was 15 in 1971 and am 62 now. I would not want to be any younger than that these days. I am probably going to ban myself from these forums after I switch off today Spidey. It winds me up too much.

Archived