England Squad Announced

13 minutes ago, MZH said:

If he was fit I would pick Sneyd every time for the reasons you mention there. He is unflappable.

But in his absence I would have much prefered Richardson over Williams. He isnt the finished article by a long way, but he has the potential to be anything. 

Yes Sneyd has been unfortunate especially in the last world cup not to be picked superb kicking game and composed.

I believe from previous post at Saints request Richardson held back.All I can say our annual grumble " we've no half backs of note" is looking a lot healthier and augers very well for the future.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I've not heard anything like that, and the interviews with Holbrook where he says Richardson was unlucky to miss out doesn't give that impression either. 

The Sky team reported that there had been a conversation between the Saints club and the England management team and Saints had not made Richardson available as they want to keep him grounded.  They do not think it would be right for his development at this time for him to play for England.

3 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

The Sky team reported that there had been a conversation between the Saints club and the England management team and Saints had not made Richardson available as they want to keep him grounded.  They do not think it would be right for his development at this time for him to play for England.

I wholeheartedly agree; but he’ll be the England 7 in 2021 if he continues developing. 

Archived