Club Timeline

Dave Naylor

Nice that chaps, just to be awkward haha how come none of the pre CH club is on the Oldham RLFC timeline? From Dave's favourite Wikipedia......"It is however generally accepted that the new club (Oldham Roughyeds) is a legal continuation of the old club formed in 1876"

Just being controversial really lol,Oldham RLFC has been around longer than 20 years ;)

Nothing against doing the timeline but it boils my urine that the "Old" club which most of us supported is always ignored in the main and only the CH regime seems to count these days in "History terms"

I look at that legal continuation phrase on Wikipedia and in truth—in my opinion—it has no accuracy.  The current club is not the old club and there's a clear divide between the death of the Watersheddings based rugby league club and the one that exists today.

I think the entry is trying to say that the modern-day club carries on the traditions and nomenclature of the old club or else otherwise we'd be called New Oldham or Oldham Phoenix or something.

I support the club that represents the town where I grew up, I like it that they're just called Oldham, play in red and white and use Roughyeds as a nickname.  Old club dead, new club alive, carry on.

The timeline thing is something I started at the time of the annivesary dinner back in November.  I found myself with access to images and media that we could display on the site, so that's what I've done with the addition of Craig's words.

It's a linear record of what's happened since the end of the 1997, much like Craig's book.  That's all.

Archived