Batley

Blind side johnny

5 hours ago, RPH said:

Does the Guardian normally have championship reports?....or was it just a one off ?....

Unfortunately not. The days of The Guardian or any broadsheet having a regular RL correspondent and content, let alone Championship RL reports, are long gone. But a quick trawl of online Guardian shows some good stuff written on the wider game, particularly by Gavin Willacy (of 'No helmets required' blog/facebook site). The writter of the derby article in the link is the Guardian's chief football correspondent and an Irishman - so , not sure where the RL/Dewsbury interest comes from, but some good writing all the same.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah lot of Guardian readers in Dewsbury lol only time anyone in Dewsbury sees the Guardian is when their wiping their ###### on it in the outdoor privy!

...perhaps difficult to wipe your #### with a laptop ...but I'm guessing there may be some in Batley that are confused and give it a try ....

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah lot of Guardian readers in Dewsbury lol only time anyone in Dewsbury sees the Guardian is when their wiping their ###### on it in the outdoor privy!

You can tell I'm not bitter about Sunday can't you..

I like the Guardian. Not as insightful or truthful as the Express but far better politics..

That said I don't live in Dewsbury any more so maybe I don't count?

10 hours ago, XIII Ram said:

Unfortunately not. The days of The Guardian or any broadsheet having a regular RL correspondent and content, let alone Championship RL reports, are long gone. But a quick trawl of online Guardian shows some good stuff written on the wider game, particularly by Gavin Willacy (of 'No helmets required' blog/facebook site). The writter of the derby article in the link is the Guardian's chief football correspondent and an Irishman - so , not sure where the RL/Dewsbury interest comes from, but some good writing all the same.

Apparently he was invited to the match by the club in an attempt to garner more exposure. It has worked to a degree.

(Of course, as a regular Guardian reader of many years I had already read it. ? )

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Should we christen the Derby El Shoddyco? Based on recent performances shoddy is an apt description....

A good idea. That would make the waverers think "I mungo to that".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

A good idea. That would make the waverers think "I mungo to that".

Ha that's worsted on the likes of us!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Blanket coverage would be good. 

Archived