Kiwis struggle to sell tickets as Tonga paint Auckland red

Abicus

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Now if Tonga could follow that up by beating Australia then that really would be something, when was the last time that Australia lost 2 games in a row against 2 different nations?

Just looked that up. 24 October 1970, GB 11-4 at Headingley. And 1 November 1970, France 17-15 at Odsal. 1970 World Cup. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant test, it really highlights yet again that nothing beats test footy. Really pleased to see the Kiwis win again and hopefully win over some doubters at home. Thought Australia were rather disappointing after the first 15. Their forwards were dominated and Hunt showed again that he’s not up to standard. The Kiwis should’ve won by more, as Smith’s second try clearly touched the ground.

Brandon Smith really impressed me actually. I thought he’d be the weak link, I’ve always thought he’s been pretty ordinary for Melbourne. But he really stepped up and outshone Cook. He’s more of a controlling hooker and good defensively, which is probably what NZ need to shore up the ruck. It’s probably these attributes that Melbourne value. He’s only 22 and learning off Cameron Smith, he’s got something about him.

Some of the Kiwis have had big years in NRL and carried that on to this test. Warea Hargreaves finally did it for NZ, Lui was excellent and Ah Mau also continued his good year. DWZ has improved so much this year and has shown he’s a great stand in for RTS. He also speaks very well, unlike Cordner who compared with his predecessors, struggles to string a coherent sentence together 

I can’t wait for the Tonga match and then the 3 match test series, bring it on!

3 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Anyone who saw the first five minutes would have thought the same, if not by way more. 

but the game last 80mins. Thank fully those numpties in the bunker came to Australias aide on more than one occasion.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Archived