Three Good Years

My latest novel "Three Good Years" has recently been published. It is set during the 2006, 07 and 08 seasons with a background of work, family life, saving the NHS and Rugby League. Most of the novel is set in the fictional South Lancashire town of Ashurst and is inspired by my love and knowledge of rugby league along with the old saying about work that "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

Among the 25 chapter titles are The Jehovah's Widnes, I follow Marlborough League, Telling Stevo about Uno's Dabs, The Welsh chamber maid, "The Dream", New Years Day 2007, Them bloody stupid pliers, "I hope that Guy Fawkes is standing", "Your mother grew up in Tiger Bay", The lady from Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, He's in St Helens Hospital and The CID are now involved.

Available from the publisher London League Publications at www.llpshop.co.uk ( Click on books and then click on fiction} or any good book shop. 

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

There's some great chapter titles in that lot! :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few more chapter titles: Minnie Cotton versus Dewsbury, Dining out in London with a Lord, Callaghanism and Neo Liberalism, Was the Archbishop wrong and The Church of the Everyday Saints.

Yes the book is available on Kindle.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

Just bought the Kindle edition. I'll report back when it reaches the top of my reading list.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived