Tasmania

56 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Don't think so.

Tassie is a beautiful place though, been there twice. Where are you visiting?

Flew into Hobart, had a couple of days, then to Port Arthur which is amazing, up the east coast to Maria Island, Freycinet, Bay of Fires and across to Launceston and Cradle Mountain. Unfortunately won’t get to the west coast and Strahan! 

I went to those places as well as Cradle mountain where we stayed at the Chateau hotel. There is a good Tasmanian Devil sanctuary at Cradle mountain called Devils at Cradle which I've been to which is good if you haven't seen a Devil and want to. Best to go at night as they are nocturnal.

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Flew into Hobart, had a couple of days, then to Port Arthur which is amazing, up the east coast to Maria Island, Freycinet, Bay of Fires and across to Launceston and Cradle Mountain. Unfortunately won’t get to the west coast and Strahan! 

A lot of my ancestors are in cemeteries around the Launceston area. Basically anywhere they had a gold mine, you'll find dead "Farmducks."

Did you see any wombats at Cradle Mountain.

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

A lot of my ancestors are in cemeteries around the Launceston area. Basically anywhere they had a gold mine, you'll find dead "Farmducks."

Did you see any wombats at Cradle Mountain.

Sadly not!!! Seen them before but did expect to see some there. Saw some wild wallabies in Launceston by the gorge and saw some wild kangaroos on the drive to Triabunna. Seen Tassie devils at a wildlife park before so didn’t bother this time 

Archived