Newcastle Thunder - Payne out, Thorman in?

His 12 years of service to the club was probably taken into consideration and was the reason he was allowed to continue into this season because last season was also very disappointing. He's been backed with huge amounts of money and as an added bonus lots of very good talent has came through the academy but 2 defeats in the first 2 games was always going to put his job under threat. I wasn't at Coventry but the 2nd half collapse against Donny was shocking and it hasn't taken long to wipe out all the pre season optimism.

Its crucial that they get the next appointment right. We don't have a Toronto or a York or Bradford to compete for Promotion with so I don't think we've had a better chance to do it.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, Angelic Cynic said:

I ain't banging on about the 2 defeats.

Thunder won 2 pre-season games - a 3rd was postponed.

A further signing was made earlier in February - once the season was underway.

Some posters on her think the sacking was justified - because of those 2 defeats.

I ain't bothered that it reminds me of professional association football - those Galacticos of Real Madrid were once quite infamous for their sackings.

I am aware there is no sentiment in professional sport.

I also recall that the stand-in coach Tim Rumford demonstrated great qualities by resigning from the club after his friend was sacked,some years ago - before he did a good job at Oxford.

we only had 2 pre season games not 3, beat wakefield, lost at whitehaven which was mainly academy lads.

Archived