Best advice you've received

One that I heard that I often pass on to people is...

(in business) good news is never as good as it first appears and bad news is never as bad as it first appears.

It really helps to take the emotions and stress out of situations.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ckn said:

One bit of advice I got years ago that I’ve used a few times and has come in very handy in the last two weeks: Flying east? Stay awake.  Flying west? Sleep.

Just back from holiday and put that to good use. 7hr time difference. Stayed awake through the night flying to the place and was more than ready to sleep when we got there and it was late. Slept early on the flight back, got a solid 8 hrs and now am getting tired at 9:30pm. 

Jet lag? Easy...

Can you put that on a Toronto thread ??

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Can you put that on a Toronto thread ??

As much as I like Toronto and their zeal for our sport, I stay away from any Toronto thread as if it would give me herpes by simply opening it.  The bile and bitterness thrown at them for just existing is just a bit much for my liking..

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

19 hours ago, ckn said:

One bit of advice I got years ago that I’ve used a few times and has come in very handy in the last two weeks: Flying east? Stay awake.  Flying west? Sleep.

Just back from holiday and put that to good use. 7hr time difference. Stayed awake through the night flying to the place and was more than ready to sleep when we got there and it was late. Slept early on the flight back, got a solid 8 hrs and now am getting tired at 9:30pm. 

Jet lag? Easy...

Try doing that when flying to Japan and back on a 24 hour turnaround.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Try doing that when flying to Japan and back on a 24 hour turnaround.

Easy... half a bottle of whisky before boarding each end and you'll be fine.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Easy... half a bottle of whisky before boarding each end and you'll be fine.

On the way back I was given free access to the bar. A stewardess just pointed to a locker and said the booze is in there help yourself.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived