Was Wembley 1994 The Greatest Performance By The National Team?

6 hours ago, Big Picture said:

I didn't even follow the sport at the time, I found that match online a while back and downloaded it to watch.  Seeing Australia beaten like that, and in their own back yard too, was something to behold.

It was even better if you were in attendance., ?

rldfsignature.jpg

7 hours ago, Big Picture said:

"Good" is all you have to say about that match in Melbourne?  Have any of us here ever seen Australia beaten as comprehensively as they were that night??

I was there, the problem with that occasion was the Aussie crowd in attendance, being played in Melbourne those who attended in the main were not RL people they were locals there for the occasion, wasted my time trying to rub it in what a drubbing they had just taken, it would have been far sweeter if they understood! 

Can't understand how no one has mentioned the 3rd test at Leeds v NZ in '85, for passion (if not brutality) it had the lot, even policemen on the field seperating fighting player's, and then the penalty very late in the game from out wide by a young Lee Crooks not only to tie the game at 6 - 6 but to share the series, and what line ups on show.

Great Britain: Mick Burke, Des Drummond, Garry Schofield, Shaun Edwards, Joe Lydon, Ellery Hanley, Deryck Fox, Jeff Grayshon, David Watkinson, John Fieldhouse, Andy Goodway, Ian Potter, Harry Pinner. Subs: Chris Arkwright & Lee Crooks.

New Zealand: Gary Kemble, Darrell Williams, Dean Bell, James Leuluai, Dane O’Hara, Fred Ah Kuoi, Clayton Friend, Kevin Tamati, Wayne Wallace, Dane Sorensen, Mark Graham, Kurt Sorensen, Gary Prohm. Subs: Olsen Filipaina & Hugh McGahan.

PS I have scoured the web for this game to no avail, even the highlights will do, anybody?

13 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Who cares..it was decades ago...

Then lets rip up all the record books, never mention or extol players from times past or recall the enjoyment, sadness, euphoria and down in the dumps emotions we have all felt, I have had many memorable moments at Watersheddings of which I have fond memories, haven't you or are you to young, nevertheless you are a bundle of joy Spud.

Archived