Czech Republic to face Serbia and Poland in historic double header

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/czech-republic-to-face-serbia-and-poland-in-historic-double-header/

An historic double header will take place in Vrchlabi, Czech Republic on Saturday, August 24.

A full international Test match will take place between Czech Republic and Serbia, which will be preceded by their Under-18s facing Poland Under-20s in a first-ever encounter between the nations.

Czech Under-18s coach David Lahr said: “Two new junior teams joined the Czech competition in 2019 and they are both full of talented players.

It is, yes. The Serbian team was mostly under-23s, not the strongest team they could put out. I think it was originally the plan to play the Netherlands, but they were unable to come. 

We have a new contender in the best team name stakes, Moravska Trebova all plebs. 

On 26/08/2019 at 08:23, JonM said:

Czechia 18 Serbia 10

Czech u-18s 52 Poland 0

Looked like a pretty decent crowd watching the games in Vrchlabi too.

Have you watched coverage of the game then? if so, where can I watch it? 

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Have you watched coverage of the game then? if so, where can I watch it? 

There's quite a lot of photos (and short clips) on the Czech Rugby League and Mad Squirrels Vrchlabi facebook pages. One of the team playing the national anthem on the fiddle pre-game is something I haven't seen before ? I don't think there's any full-game footage, but I haven't checked YouTube etc.

Archived