Jump to content
Nintendo64

Barla Resignation

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

I totally agree with what you said. From what I know & hear there’s never been a plan B. The only plan is the Taylor plan & nobody likes Manning, there’s no Secretary therefore there can’t be no communication. What ever happened to the word “transparency”? Thing of the past with no direction. It’s a sad state of affairs if you ask me.

I've actually had enough, there is no way of actually implementing a change or a mechanism to debate one,  we decided at a meeting Friday evening that it's time to look elsewhere.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

People such as Tom Keaveney, Maurice Oldroyd, Jack Clayton, etc began BARLA because of their passion for amateur rugby league .... it's about time those currently in charge of BARLA showed that same passion instead of just wanting to be in a position of authority.

Foster rugby league football 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marauder said:

I've actually had enough, there is no way of actually implementing a change or a mechanism to debate one,  we decided at a meeting Friday evening that it's time to look elsewhere.

Looking else where only plays into the RFL hands because that’s the only other option when it comes to playing leagues. Whether it’s YML or NCL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

People such as Tom Keaveney, Maurice Oldroyd, Jack Clayton, etc began BARLA because of their passion for amateur rugby league .... it's about time those currently in charge of BARLA showed that same passion instead of just wanting to be in a position of authority.

Great men at the time. But the game has changed since then. I believe Morton spoke about these men when he went up against Taylor for chair of Barla. The people at Barla now don’t have that same drive & determination. Those in the past was against the RFL, Barla now play into the hands of the RFL. 1973 to now are Opposite ends of the spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, topcentre21 said:

what do you mean time to look else where?

Looking elsewhere doesn’t solve the problem. The problem is the people at BARLA. What needs to be done is restructuring from top to bottom. Only then will people have the trust & believe in Barla again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Looking elsewhere doesn’t solve the problem. The problem is the people at BARLA. What needs to be done is restructuring from top to bottom. Only then will people have the trust & believe in Barla again.

I believe with fresh attitude which can include members of the present committee BARLA can start and reclaim clubs back into the winter, the questions that need to be asked are 1/Does the BARLA committee go around clubs to find out why they've moved away, 2/ Do they openly and actively pin point struggling clubs in the same way that the RFL did to entice them away, 3/Why have they kept with an old structure that isn't retaining clubs never mind enticing them back, 4/ Why not move to a structure that would allow clubs who've moved away to dip their toe back into winter without disrupting the system after Christmas, this list could go on and on, in short why did the Ostrich bury it's heads in the sand, surely the RFL wasn't pulling it's strings ?

  • Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I believe with fresh attitude which can include members of the present committee BARLA can start and reclaim clubs back into the winter, the questions that need to be asked are 1/Does the BARLA committee go around clubs to find out why they've moved away, 2/ Do they openly and actively pin point struggling clubs in the same way that the RFL did to entice them away, 3/Why have they kept with an old structure that isn't retaining clubs never mind enticing them back, 4/ Why not move to a structure that would allow clubs who've moved away to dip their toe back into winter without disrupting the system after Christmas, this list could go on and on, in short why did the Ostrich bury it's heads in the sand, surely the RFL wasn't pulling it's strings ?

Well by what you said before, clearly BARLA haven't gone  round to clubs to ask anything since Roger Fagge. One can only presume they are sticking with the old structure because either they don’t know what to do or can’t be bothered to do it. If you think about it we will soon have players who have never played winter rugby & once that happens then the winter game is finished. Barla must be the Ostrich because they have done nothing for the amateur game in probably the last 5 years or so. Yet RFL take more & more from the amateur game & no one stands against them. What does that tell you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Well by what you said before, clearly BARLA haven't gone  round to clubs to ask anything since Roger Fagge. One can only presume they are sticking with the old structure because either they don’t know what to do or can’t be bothered to do it. If you think about it we will soon have players who have never played winter rugby & once that happens then the winter game is finished. Barla must be the Ostrich because they have done nothing for the amateur game in probably the last 5 years or so. Yet RFL take more & more from the amateur game & no one stands against them. What does that tell you?

How much extra responsibilities can Sue Taylor put on her shoulders because IMO she is surrounded by people not capable and when management posts become vacant they're not being filled or being taken up by the same few, something soon will go twang that's for sure.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Scrap the system of regional leagues voting and put it back in the hands of the clubs. One club one vote on future barla elections.

If you do that, then what about the district leagues. It’s the district leagues that run Barla not the clubs I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Scrap the system of regional leagues voting and put it back in the hands of the clubs. One club one vote on future barla elections.

That would help a great deal, at lease the Doncaster clubs would have a say or would have done.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

How much extra responsibilities can Sue Taylor put on her shoulders because IMO she is surrounded by people not capable and when management posts become vacant they're not being filled or being taken up by the same few, something soon will go twang that's for sure.

I totally agree, it’s all on Taylor’s head. But then maybe she should head hunt people for Barla. It must be something when positions become vacant but nobody new wants them. What does that tell you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nintendo64 said:

If you do that, then what about the district leagues. It’s the district leagues that run Barla not the clubs I believe.

What about the district leagues that have been expelled like Doncaster on the grounds of not paying their fee's, when they never got sent an invoice, when we asked to pay in cash at a meeting we got told we couldn't (fair enough) when we gave a 2nd email address for an invoice to be sent, one was never sent, why ? - Well our teams had a meeting and the district had voted to support Stuart Prior for the top BARLA job, this decision was made because of Stuarts vision for the game to move forward in the winter. "ELIMINATION" Who said that!!!!


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marauder said:

What about the district leagues that have been expelled like Doncaster on the grounds of not paying their fee's, when they never got sent an invoice, when we asked to pay in cash at a meeting we got told we couldn't (fair enough) when we gave a 2nd email address for an invoice to be sent, one was never sent, why ? - Well our teams had a meeting and the district had voted to support Stuart Prior for the top BARLA job, this decision was made because of Stuarts vision for the game to move forward in the winter. "ELIMINATION" Who said that!!!!

Stuart Prior he went for chair? When? I only took an interest when I heard Morton was going for Chair because of what I had seen & heard of him at Yorkshire. But the more I read & the more I get told I believe he would have been a change for the better. Why did Prior not win? Same reason as Morton or different? Was Doncaster kicked out because they didn’t vote for Taylor then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

I totally agree, it’s all on Taylor’s head. But then maybe she should head hunt people for Barla. It must be something when positions become vacant but nobody new wants them. What does that tell you?

That's true and to be truthful team secretaries do actually talk between themselves by phone and emails, I believe there are still a lot of good people at club level.

We also attended the Yorkshire county meetings when we where a  district league and we had the impression that they had many good people who could move the game forward but politics from BARLA was getting in the way.

I'm sure someone on here can bring more light onto the little things like representative committee's being scrapped and replaced a few years ago, all this upheaval for what ? all I can say if the wheel isn't broke don't fix it, improve by all accounts.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

That's true and to be truthful team secretaries do actually talk between themselves by phone and emails, I believe there are still a lot of good people at club level.

We also attended the Yorkshire county meetings when we where a  district league and we had the impression that they had many good people who could move the game forward but politics from BARLA was getting in the way.

I'm sure someone on here can bring more light onto the little things like representative committee's being scrapped and replaced a few years ago, all this upheaval for what ? all I can say if the wheel isn't broke don't fix it, improve by all accounts.

Marauder, you go into history that I don’t know about or should I say I wasn’t paying attention to. As for Yorkshire I’ve only heard good things about Morton & Co that’s why I started paying attention when I heard Morton was going for chair of barla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Stuart Prior he went for chair? When? I only took an interest when I heard Morton was going for Chair because of what I had seen & heard of him at Yorkshire. But the more I read & the more I get told I believe he would have been a change for the better. Why did Prior not win? Same reason as Morton or different? Was Doncaster kicked out because they didn’t vote for Taylor then?

Can't say that, but it was known that our teams had voted to support Stuart because we thought he had a better vision for BARLA, I suppose Stuart had an up hill challenge because the NWC had just gone summer leaving BARLA Yorkshire heavy and I'd bet not all districts ran both Stuart and Sue's idea's vision before the teams, we had a district meeting with the secretaries who then took all the info we had back to their committee's then a second meeting to vote.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Marauder, you go into history that I don’t know about or should I say I wasn’t paying attention to. As for Yorkshire I’ve only heard good things about Morton & Co that’s why I started paying attention when I heard Morton was going for chair of barla

I don't know the guy and haven't looked into his CV, I've heard all the ###### about his past, to me that's in the past and he's done his time for any crime and for the RFL to stick their noses in and take a vote away from Morton and vote against what the league had voted for democratically is totally wrong.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Can't say that, but it was known that our teams had voted to support Stuart because we thought he had a better vision for BARLA, I suppose Stuart had an up hill challenge because the NWC had just gone summer leaving BARLA Yorkshire heavy and I'd bet not all districts ran both Stuart and Sue's idea's vision before the teams, we had a district meeting with the secretaries who then took all the info we had back to their committee's then a second meeting to vote.

Seems to me that there’s a lot of politics in this Barla & there will only ever be one loser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I don't know the guy and haven't looked into his CV, I've heard all the ###### about his past, to me that's in the past and he's done his time for any crime and for the RFL to stick their noses in and take a vote away from Morton and vote against what the league had voted for democratically is totally wrong.

Yes I have heard & read about Morton’s past. I agree, whats in the past is in the past & he did his time. Let’s not forget that Tony Adams has been to prison & he's at the RFL. You should be judged on rugby & what he’s done at Yorkshire. Plus after reading other views he was once an Allie of Taylors. I was also reading what the RFL has done with the votes that were for Morton. How can they do that if they are 2 separate organisations. Can BARLA vote at the RFL AGM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nintendo64 said:

Seems to me that there’s a lot of politics in this Barla & there will only ever be one loser.

Always been a lot of politics especially as the game expanded, junior leagues wanting more shout, NCL wanting the universe to move around it and so on, today the politics shouldn't be a problem with just 3 dozen clubs to cater for, a meeting every month like the old days would see every team having a say, bring committees to account and allow any aspiring voices to be heard, if this was happening and things getting done in a correct fashion how long would it take for the news to get around the amateur scene that the BARLA league was being run in a fine, fair and correct manner.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Always been a lot of politics especially as the game expanded, junior leagues wanting more shout, NCL wanting the universe to move around it and so on, today the politics shouldn't be a problem with just 3 dozen clubs to cater for, a meeting every month like the old days would see every team having a say, bring committees to account and allow any aspiring voices to be heard, if this was happening and things getting done in a correct fashion how long would it take for the news to get around the amateur scene that the BARLA league was being run in a fine, fair and correct manner.

The only organisation expanding is the RFL. Barla are getting smaller & the winter playing league is diminishing(Pennine) Maybe that’s why Barla won’t hold them monthly meetings because they don’t want the leagues to know what’s going on & also don’t want to be held accountable. They don’t want people to have a voice, they are clearly taking voices away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Yes I have heard & read about Morton’s past. I agree, whats in the past is in the past & he did his time. Let’s not forget that Tony Adams has been to prison & he's at the RFL. You should be judged on rugby & what he’s done at Yorkshire. Plus after reading other views he was once an Allie of Taylors. I was also reading what the RFL has done with the votes that were for Morton. How can they do that if they are 2 separate organisations. Can BARLA vote at the RFL AGM?

Clubs and districts had to sign up to some agreement with the RFL, It must be in the small print of the agreement that they can intervene, as for Tony Adams it has been brought up before about him being a naughty boy in the past 🙂 again it shouldn't be held against him, as for Sue Taylor, I think she'd be able to do a really good job if she allowed the right people to be able to move into some of the posts that make up BARLA and the regional league (If she could get anyone to come forward, I've heard a lot aren't bothered because the old guard would just out vote anything they didn't want to happen) 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...