Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Recommended Posts

Reading the rugby leaguer, I see 2 people have resigned from Barla over a tour from Australia that was coming to England. Surely that can’t make sense or is that just me? Also seeing that Sue Taylor won the Barla Chair for another 2 years, would it not make sense to (1) get younger people involved in Barla and (2) get Morton who ran against Taylor on board with Barla? 

From what I hear he had good ideas which can only be a plus for Barla and would show unity within the amateur game. Although I probably don’t know enough about all the ins and outs of Barla. But looking from the outside surely that would make sense or am I just being  optimistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2019 at 13:24, Nintendo64 said:

Reading the rugby leaguer, I see 2 people have resigned from Barla over a tour from Australia that was coming to England. Surely that can’t make sense or is that just me? Also seeing that Sue Taylor won the Barla Chair for another 2 years, would it not make sense to (1) get younger people involved in Barla and (2) get Morton who ran against Taylor on board with Barla? 

From what I hear he had good ideas which can only be a plus for Barla and would show unity within the amateur game. Although I probably don’t know enough about all the ins and outs of Barla. But looking from the outside surely that would make sense or am I just being  optimistic?

Was the vote by email ?


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 20:37, Marauder said:

Was the vote by email ?

I wouldn’t have thought so. I thought you had to be at an AGM to vote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure a few seasons ago the  bod accepted votes by emails, but they were in favour of Sue Taylor,  so that was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JMB said:

I'm sure a few seasons ago the  bod accepted votes by emails, but they were in favour of Sue Taylor,  so that was ok.

I don’t know the in’s & out of Barla but I don’t think you can do that at any AGM. However I have heard that Barla are a law onto themselves so you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

I don’t know the in’s & out of Barla but I don’t think you can do that at any AGM. However I have heard that Barla are a law onto themselves so you never know.

Barla is run now by Mrs & Mrs Taylor and the guy that owns Raven sport, people who do care about amateur rugby league and could have made a difference have  been chased from our  once great game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JMB said:

Barla is run now by Mrs & Mrs Taylor and the guy that owns Raven sport, people who do care about amateur rugby league and could have made a difference have  been chased from our  once great game. 

I don't think Mick Turner from Ravensport has had anything to do with Barla now or a couple of years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JMB said:

Barla is run now by Mrs & Mrs Taylor and the guy that owns Raven sport, people who do care about amateur rugby league and could have made a difference have  been chased from our  once great game. 

I think Ravensport is Yorkshire County from what I have seen or they sponsor them. I was told it was the Pennine trophy’s guy and Taylor that was running BARLA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nintendo64 said:

I think Ravensport is Yorkshire County from what I have seen or they sponsor them. I was told it was the Pennine trophy’s guy and Taylor that was running BARLA.

Turner still pulling a few strings for the Taylors,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

I don't think Mick Turner from Ravensport has had anything to do with Barla now or a couple of years

Definitely think it’s time to bring in a younger group of people that have drive. Isn’t the average age of Barla 65 now. Surely that can’t be right. What has happened to Morton who went against Taylor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JMB said:

Turner still pulling a few strings for the Taylors,  

From what I’ve heard they hate each other with a passion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

From what I’ve heard they hate each other with a passion

He put votes Taylors way at the agm, the puppet master,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JMB said:

He put votes Taylors way at the agm, the puppet master,  

I really don’t know about that. Like I’ve said before I don’t know too much what goes on at Barla. To be fair I only hear rumours & rumours are not always true. My view looking from the outside in is it is time for younger people to be brought into the organisation. With an average age of 60 plus surely it’s time for a younger generation to be brought in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

I really don’t know about that. Like I’ve said before I don’t know too much what goes on at Barla. To be fair I only hear rumours & rumours are not always true. My view looking from the outside in is it is time for younger people to be brought into the organisation. With an average age of 60 plus surely it’s time for a younger generation to be brought in.

Doesn't have to be younger in age as long as they have a modern vision and a vision that will appeal to the mass - My club put forward a new format of having divisions of 6 teams running up to Christmas giving clubs 10 league games before Christmas with free dates to fit the Yorkshire cup in, after Christmas the divisions would be reorganised into standards to give a further 10 league games and the BARLA cup + local cups, at the AGM this was welcomed with the only opposition coming from the top table, this went to a email vote and failed, even though we got over 20 clubs telling us they thought it was a brilliant idea - Monthly meetings have now gone, these meeting used to get clubs together and stand the committee accountable for their actions, it also allowed other clubs  to get to know anyone who could and would bring something to the table, sadly this has also gone. 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Doesn't have to be younger in age as long as they have a modern vision and a vision that will appeal to the mass - My club put forward a new format of having divisions of 6 teams running up to Christmas giving clubs 10 league games before Christmas with free dates to fit the Yorkshire cup in, after Christmas the divisions would be reorganised into standards to give a further 10 league games and the BARLA cup + local cups, at the AGM this was welcomed with the only opposition coming from the top table, this went to a email vote and failed, even though we got over 20 clubs telling us they thought it was a brilliant idea - Monthly meetings have now gone, these meeting used to get clubs together and stand the committee accountable for their actions, it also allowed other clubs  to get to know anyone who could and would bring something to the table, sadly this has also gone. 

You seem to have a vast knowledge of the organisation. My question is, if clubs wanted what you had proposed then how can Barla refuse it if Barla itself represents the clubs. Would it have made work for the board? From what I hear they are probably too old to be bothered with moving BARLA forward or they would have done it by now. What is it that the board actually do apart from run cup competitions? Because from the outside it doesn’t look like very much. Why are the district leagues not doing anything about this? Surely they have a say in the matter. Seems like a secret society if you ask me. I was reading up about the history of Barla & it doesn’t seem to be the same by a long shot. The reason alone why Barla was formed has lost its sole. The RFL didn’t want the amateur game or Barla so why are Barla letting the RFL run the amateur game? I like a good conspiracy & this is a perfect one. Because something seems to be going on that only BARLA know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

You seem to have a vast knowledge of the organisation. My question is, if clubs wanted what you had proposed then how can Barla refuse it if Barla itself represents the clubs. Would it have made work for the board? From what I hear they are probably too old to be bothered with moving BARLA forward or they would have done it by now. What is it that the board actually do apart from run cup competitions? Because from the outside it doesn’t look like very much. Why are the district leagues not doing anything about this? Surely they have a say in the matter. Seems like a secret society if you ask me. I was reading up about the history of Barla & it doesn’t seem to be the same by a long shot. The reason alone why Barla was formed has lost its sole. The RFL didn’t want the amateur game or Barla so why are Barla letting the RFL run the amateur game? I like a good conspiracy & this is a perfect one. Because something seems to be going on that only BARLA know about.

I suppose the secret was an email vote (Who actually counted them, who actually saw the result) the board have put themselves forward to serve the clubs not the clubs to be dictated to, they do nothing to promote the winter game. you have to be in the shop window to be bought, any district leagues that would stand up have been removed, from experience the Doncaster & district was, they said we'd not paid our fee's, we said we'd not been sent an invoice, they said they'd emailed one, I know personally they didn't because I was the district treasurer at the time, we wasn't allowed to pay on the day and when we gave them a 2nd email address they still didn't send an invoice, the 2nd email address was my business one as I'd been paying the fee's from my business as a sponsorship. your right about it losing it, junta's don't work, I could go on about why we didn't play our first game yesterday but that will come out at the right time - As it stands know all I'll say is see you next summer from a staunch winter season club.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I suppose the secret was an email vote (Who actually counted them, who actually saw the result) the board have put themselves forward to serve the clubs not the clubs to be dictated to, they do nothing to promote the winter game. you have to be in the shop window to be bought, any district leagues that would stand up have been removed, from experience the Doncaster & district was, they said we'd not paid our fee's, we said we'd not been sent an invoice, they said they'd emailed one, I know personally they didn't because I was the district treasurer at the time, we wasn't allowed to pay on the day and when we gave them a 2nd email address they still didn't send an invoice, the 2nd email address was my business one as I'd been paying the fee's from my business as a sponsorship. your right about it losing it, junta's don't work, I could go on about why we didn't play our first game yesterday but that will come out at the right time - As it stands know all I'll say is see you next summer from a staunch winter season club.

Did you not ever think of going onto the Barla board? It does seem a shame the way the game is going as well as other sports. But surely Barla should be doing something for the amateur game or why are they there. Plus how come it took so long for someone to go against Taylor. If people are not happy then why did it take for Morton to go against her? Plus what happens now that the AGM has gone? I presume that nothing will change & that can only be bad for the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

Did you not ever think of going onto the Barla board? It does seem a shame the way the game is going as well as other sports. But surely Barla should be doing something for the amateur game or why are they there. Plus how come it took so long for someone to go against Taylor. If people are not happy then why did it take for Morton to go against her? Plus what happens now that the AGM has gone? I presume that nothing will change & that can only be bad for the game. 

Good people have been removed from position to be replaced by a yes sir type, sadly the yes sir's aren't up to scratch, good people have actually walked away from the game and the one's still involved have taken their business into the summer. IMO Sue isn't that bad, she has however surrounded herself with a lot of chaff which has left her having to do far to much and when this happens the one good job doesn't get done that well because of having to look after other departments. - BARLA board it would be impossible for the likes of me to go anywhere in BARLA, 1/My district league has been scrapped, 2/ Clubs don't have monthly meetings anyone so your voice will never be heard, 3/ You'd always be out voted by the puppets so what would be the point 4/ Morton got a league vote for it to be overturned by the RFL (What's that about)


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Good people have been removed from position to be replaced by a yes sir type, sadly the yes sir's aren't up to scratch, good people have actually walked away from the game and the one's still involved have taken their business into the summer. IMO Sue isn't that bad, she has however surrounded herself with a lot of chaff which has left her having to do far to much and when this happens the one good job doesn't get done that well because of having to look after other departments. - BARLA board it would be impossible for the likes of me to go anywhere in BARLA, 1/My district league has been scrapped, 2/ Clubs don't have monthly meetings anyone so your voice will never be heard, 3/ You'd always be out voted by the puppets so what would be the point 4/ Morton got a league vote for it to be overturned by the RFL (What's that about)

I see what your saying with your points from 1-4, but everyone thinks like that then nothing will get done. Surely the yes men at some stage have to be held accountable or does Taylor just get the blame? What’s the point in them being there if she is doing all the work. From what I’ve been told Morton is not an RFL man & doesn’t like what control they have over the amateur game & BARLA itself. Maybe RFL knew that & that’s why they got involved plus Taylor wouldn’t complain because it was a vote for her. Now the question is would Taylor & Morton work together for the good of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nintendo64 said:

I see what your saying with your points from 1-4, but everyone thinks like that then nothing will get done. Surely the yes men at some stage have to be held accountable or does Taylor just get the blame? What’s the point in them being there if she is doing all the work. From what I’ve been told Morton is not an RFL man & doesn’t like what control they have over the amateur game & BARLA itself. Maybe RFL knew that & that’s why they got involved plus Taylor wouldn’t complain because it was a vote for her. Now the question is would Taylor & Morton work together for the good of the game.

I don't like what and how it's been done but she has been let down by her surroundings, I don't actually know Morton but fresh vision and probably leadership may just work - I liken it to an old workingman's club that still wants to run the club the way they did in the 60's, 70's and 80's, to many of those closed, the survivors are the one's who have changed with the times, looked at what is in the front of you and acting on it, the RFL are not BARLA's friend but BARLA are doing a fine job in driving clubs towards summer.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I don't like what and how it's been done but she has been let down by her surroundings, I don't actually know Morton but fresh vision and probably leadership may just work - I liken it to an old workingman's club that still wants to run the club the way they did in the 60's, 70's and 80's, to many of those closed, the survivors are the one's who have changed with the times, looked at what is in the front of you and acting on it, the RFL are not BARLA's friend but BARLA are doing a fine job in driving clubs towards summer.

Totally agree, if you don’t move with the times you get left behind & that’s in any walk of life. I watch my lads play & listen to them. They speak highly of Morton & when I’ve met him through Yorkshire he seems very positive & stops & talks to everyone. I remember what conversation where his words were “I’m a Barla man through & through” drive & passion is what Barla want in my opinion. I’ve seen Barla at Yorkshire games & they don’t look very approachable but that might just be down to either arrogance or ignorance but either is not a good trait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nintendo64 said:

Totally agree, if you don’t move with the times you get left behind & that’s in any walk of life. I watch my lads play & listen to them. They speak highly of Morton & when I’ve met him through Yorkshire he seems very positive & stops & talks to everyone. I remember what conversation where his words were “I’m a Barla man through & through” drive & passion is what Barla want in my opinion. I’ve seen Barla at Yorkshire games & they don’t look very approachable but that might just be down to either arrogance or ignorance but either is not a good trait.

I'm 100% BARLA as well and one of the best Roger Fagge was driven out by the junta, he would go all over the country watching games, he'd talk with clubs in the bottom regional leagues as equals to the NCL these guys with their knowledge can't be replaced. 


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I'm 100% BARLA as well and one of the best Roger Fagge was driven out by the junta, he would go all over the country watching games, he'd talk with clubs in the bottom regional leagues as equals to the NCL these guys with their knowledge can't be replaced. 

People like Roger can’t be replaced but the point is their not attempting to either. Control seems like their only concern. But you have nothing left then you have nothing to control. Something BARLA need to recognise. But I’m still somewhat puzzled to why people don’t do anything about it? Surely there’s enough people to say what they expect & what Barla should be doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nintendo64 said:

People like Roger can’t be replaced but the point is their not attempting to either. Control seems like their only concern. But you have nothing left then you have nothing to control. Something BARLA need to recognise. But I’m still somewhat puzzled to why people don’t do anything about it? Surely there’s enough people to say what they expect & what Barla should be doing?

Information/communication is the key to winning any battle, cut this off then the minions can't rebel and if any change brought up is put to an email vote who is counting the vote, there is a total lack of us involvement and nothing is set in stone and if something goes wrong a plan `B` is not in place for the committee to follow if the leader is away, shocking really.


Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Information/communication is the key to winning any battle, cut this off then the minions can't rebel and if any change brought up is put to an email vote who is counting the vote, there is a total lack of us involvement and nothing is set in stone and if something goes wrong a plan `B` is not in place for the committee to follow if the leader is away, shocking really.

I totally agree with what you said. From what I know & hear there’s never been a plan B. The only plan is the Taylor plan & nobody likes Manning, there’s no Secretary therefore there can’t be no communication. What ever happened to the word “transparency”? Thing of the past with no direction. It’s a sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...