Sign in to follow this  
Scott Sinfield

Most played Rochdale fixture

What those two clubs should be proud of is the Law Cup it is unique now in RL history.  Widnes V Leigh played for the A&B cup.  Wigan and Wire for the Locker Cup, both long gone and nothing in the past to match the Law Cup at any RL club.

• Like 1

I never realised our performances in the Law cup had been so woeful. Oldham have won it 45 times to our 20. However, since 2005 it has been won 5 times by Oldham and 5 times by Hornets, so....this season a decider is on the cards, I think previous coaches at Hornets have failed to realise the importance of the Law Cup game to the fans, I'm sure that won't be the case with Matt Calland and Martin Hall in charge.

Come on Hornets, lets get the cup back where it belongs.

• Haha 1

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Fascinating stats.....alas, encapsulating the sad decline of two founders of our game and their support bases.  Hornets’ home games: 1955/64/81 & 1998/2005/18 respectively, 9200, 5002, 800 - - 3097,1486 & 504.  The change from August to January in 1999 and in industries/demographics across our regions over decades factors too.

An important /fixture (12 Jan) to hopefully kick-start a new start and a successful season. 

• Like 1