Wigan’s Attendances

Eddie

24 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

This goes for the current Salford attendance thread on this forum as well.

1. Thursday Nights. (Kids with school in the morning, adults with work early doors in the morning. Don't play on a school night, Friday 7.45pm should be 1st KO of the round, Sunday 6.15pm should be last KO of the round) 

2. Loopy fixtures (Loop Fixtures, Super 8's whatever guise extra fixtures against the same team are under at the time. Repetitive borefest, scrap em immediately) 

3. Sky Sports Subscriptions. (Come hell or high water people will want their moneys worth and watch all / Vast majority of Live games on Sky! To that end, if there's a live game on telly, other games really shouldnt be scheduled against it!!) 

All of these apart from Thursday games were things that existed before crowds declined so it's interesting but doesn't answer the question.

I'm also sure about 15 years ago I remember Wigan vs Bradford getting 16k on a Wednesday night. Find excuses for poor midweek crowds and you'll get poor midweek crowds.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, M j M said:

All of these apart from Thursday games were things that existed before crowds declined so it's interesting but doesn't answer the question.

I'm also sure about 15 years ago I remember Wigan vs Bradford getting 16k on a Wednesday night. Find excuses for poor midweek crowds and you'll get poor midweek crowds.

Excuses to some, a 3 part solution to a problem to others. 

As a Wigan season ticket holder late 1980s and 1990s,  used to attend virtually all home games and  meet friends for Sunday pub lunch before away games in Yorkshire. 

Now, for me, Friday night games are a no-no. From where I live now,  Its 2 hours to Hull FC,, 3.5 hours Friday night drive to the DW plus a probable overnight hotel stay.

Extreme case, I realise, but were there more Wigan home games on a Sunday afternoon, I feel that I  and others would be more likely to attend.

Archived