NRL Match Thread Round 15 Sunday - next up - Bulldogs v Warriors, Knights v Cowboys; Souths Win big time

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Graham said:

24-18 Dragons

Great conversion by Zac Lomax

26-18 Dragons

Zac Lomax is really becoming a star for this team.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dearden takes a nice try through a large gap.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Korbin Sims has only been on a short while, but managed to pick up an injury anyway. Unlucky guy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Graham changed the title to NRL Match Thread Round 15 Saturday - next up - Titans v Raiders, Tigers v Roosters, Souths v Manly

Panthers looking good, let's hope they can keep it going for once. Dragon's tried to give it away against the hopeless Broncos. Staggs try as good as any you will see this year.

Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders

Preview

Injuries first:

Titans

Unavailable: Ryan James (Injured), Jonus Pearson (Injured), Mitch Rein (Injured), Dale Copley (Injured), Jai Arrow (Injured), Kevin Proctor (Suspended), Anthony Don (Injured)

Raiders

Unavailable: Sebastian Kris (Illness), Corey Horsburgh (Injured), Sia Soliola (Injured), Emre Guler (Injured), Josh Hodgson (Injured), Bailey Simonsson (Injured), Semi Valemei (Injured), Michael Oldfield (Injured)

I take it you've noticed that Titans have improved lately. You'd think they had one or two more wins in them before the 2020 season ends. Last week they were going well against Sharks until the dismissal of Kevin Proctor.

They are the home team this week, but facing a Raiders side that have won four of their last five games.

The general expectation is a Raiders win.

Raiders will also be unchanged this week. A fair few NRL coaches envy Ricky Stuart for being in that position.

Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters 

Preview

Injuries etc

Tigers

Unavailable: Zane Musgrove (Injured), Michael Chee-Kam (Injured), Harry Grant (Injured), Billy Walters (Injured)

Roosters

Unavailable: Billy Smith (Injured), Victor Radley (Injured), Sam Verrills (Injured), Daniel Tupou (Injured), Angus Crichton (Injured), Boyd Cordner (Injured), Sonny Bill Williams (Match Fitness), Luke Keary (Injured), Lachlan Lam (Injured), Mitchell Aubusson (Injured)

Tigers will be desperate for a win, or at least should be! If they really want to make the 8 then they need to win their games.

Roosters will want the victory to maintain their top 4 status. They have a lot of injury problems like Storm though and we know how their game went!

The silver lining for Kyle Flanagan is that he is recalled to the side through injury to others.

There should be plenty of points in this game.

South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles

Preview

Souths:

Unavailable: Tom Amone (Injured), Braidon Burns (Injured), James Roberts (Injured), Ethan Lowe (Injured), Hame Sele (Injured), Jack Johns (Injured), Liam Knight (Suspended)

Manly:

Unavailable: Manase Fainu (Disciplinary), Tom Trbojevic (Injured), Dylan Walker (Injured), Brendan Elliot (Injured), Joel Thompson (Injured)

This is a game that matters! If Manly lose this it potentially wrecks their chances of finals footy. They go into this game having lost the last three. They will be hoping to field a stronger forward pack for this game.

Souths got their vital win last week beating Cowboys giving them a little breathing space in the top eight (they lie currently 7th - Friday evening). it's that colander defence of their that gives pause for thought in this one.

Given that I reckon this is another game that will see plenty of points scored. Of course I may be wrong! 🙃

This game went much as expected. Titans competed and made Raiders struggle early on. Eventually Raiders got into gear and that was it. Raiders have chalked up another convincing win. This comes as they expect the return of some of their injured first choice players in the near future.

P. Sami 14A. Brimson 55K. Hipgrave 74 Tries N. Cotric 19J. Wighton 25J. Wighton 29T. Starling 36H. Young 60N. Cotric 65
J. Fogarty 56J. Fogarty 74 Conversions J. Croker 27J. Croker 30J. Croker 37J. Croker 61J. Croker 66
  Penalty Goals J. Croker 76

Archived