Would you like a Sports Village?

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Every sports fan in the area would love to see improvements in a sports stadium I just feel that the public have been kicked in the teeth in the past and have little faith in the council,mp etc to deliver what they promise. Unfortunately we cant live in the past ,with so few games in a season for town ,derwent park must be a money pit to keep going whereas borough park gets plenty of use through the reds many teams but has poor shelter and a lack of a proper grandstand. I want to see both clubs and sports progress but both clubs need to ensure that it is a rugby/football venue and dont let others drag a multitude of other things into it

I just hope if and when a Stadium and outside pitch with a runniing track  gets built , and maybe tennis courts because the gym and swimming pool are already  there  .That  the council dont go for a cheap option . That's when its built they  think  I wish we had done this and done that . When its to late .It  needs to be a Stadium / village that makes a statement  ,that this Town is moving forward and it attracts  businesses into the area .     

On 07/10/2020 at 18:19, Route66 said:

......... need to ensure that it is a rugby/football venue and dont let others drag a multitude of other things into it

Yes that's my main worry -  that it will be piecemeal investment and no real ambition

Archived