What does the season look like from here?

Scubby

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Ah, you’re write. I was skim reading while on a Zoom call at work and saw “remainder” and assumed it mean of the season, not the month. 

Rookie error!! As Dave T will tell testify, if you have the devices in the right places you don't have to skim read during a Zoom call. You can fully concentrate on what you are reading while offering the occasional nod!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RP London said:

i've emboldened 2 big points in this for me. 

It is only the intention to "complete the season" in terms of getting to a grand final and crowing a champions. The aim is to make that work as well as possible, no one is expecting to actually complete the season in terms of 20+ games and equal games each. at which point percentages come in.. as it did in many other sports to finish their seasons at a sensible time in the summer. We are using the same to try and finish this horrible year at a time that does not affect the 2021 season any more than it has to. 

You cannot ignore the virus in this at all... the scrum for example was scrapped due to the virus

edit: probably should have read Lee's post before i posted!

And meantime we are crippling players at 2 games a week and playing whole reserve teams to fit in the cup.

Surely the point was to admit to 18 rounds from the outset.  What sort of state will players be at the end of season... what sort of close season will they have?  What sort of state will we be come the WC?  

And we see Wakefield playing Saints on Friday and again Tuesday... 

As it is the ladder will mean nothing. Leeds Wigan and Salford have given away point to opponents, Leeds and Salford are surely going to be giving points to opponents again.  I see nothing wrong with not playing everyone, thats the point of the playoff system, (See NRL, AFC, NFL, NHL etc) so why not still create space for a top 5.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

And meantime we are crippling players at 2 games a week and playing whole reserve teams to fit in the cup.

Surely the point was to admit to 18 rounds from the outset.  What sort of state will players be at the end of season... what sort of close season will they have?  What sort of state will we be come the WC?  

And we see Wakefield playing Saints on Friday and again Tuesday... 

As it is the ladder will mean nothing. Leeds Wigan and Salford have given away point to opponents, Leeds and Salford are surely going to be giving points to opponents again.  I see nothing wrong with not playing everyone, thats the point of the playoff system, (See NRL, AFC, NFL, NHL etc) so why not still create space for a top 5.

points have been given away to teams in the past under "normal" conditions, saints putting a weakened side out against London last year for example. 

The teams and clubs have to balance the welfare of their players with the medical staff. 

Super League have tried to fit in what they can under circumstances that were ever moving. With 20:20 hindsight we can all be wise, we can all pat ourselves on the back that it was something "mentioned" in one of the other threads but the reality is that no one ever knew what might or might not happen. how many games would end up being called off, when we could try get game scheduled etc. 

I think they have done an amazing job getting to where we are now and they should be applauded for it not chastised.

Archived