Just now, del capo said:

Fair point.

Most clubs have had a windfall on their rateable values  averaging 20 - 25k ( even though they don't pay rates in most areas because of their status )  from their Councils via the Government hand out. 

Most of that 1.25million  likely to have been directed to the Womans'  SL game.? That and the wider diversity game offers  ticks so many boxes. But I honestly don't know.

Two Community reps have a meeting with Ralph on wednesday. I'm confident they will bring it up ......

And a bit of a steal anyway to still describe  ourselves as a ' Winter ' Sport ?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s a CLUB !! all the players share the facilities. at our club the junior players get Xmas parties, fun days, all kinds of things that also include the extended family to make them feel pa

That is totally wrong, the super league clubs who keep promoting the women's super league game should be financing them, the super league clubs have raided the community clubs to get these women on bo

This could see players not register n not bother playing, It might only be a small amount to some people but its the rfl hitting the same people all the time. Players n familys are already p

22 minutes ago, del capo said:

Fair point.

Most clubs have had a windfall on their rateable values  averaging 20 - 25k ( even though they don't pay rates in most areas because of their status )  from their Councils via the Government hand out. 

Most of that 1.25million  likely to have been directed to the Womans'  SL game.? That and the wider diversity game offers  ticks so many boxes. But I honestly don't know.

Two Community reps have a meeting with Ralph on wednesday. I'm confident they will bring it up ......

Is women’s SL now classed as community or is it professional?

It all seems very weighted towards the professional game, and let’s be quite frank, some of the professional clubs are professional in name only.

Without the annual handouts from central funding they wouldn’t survive a season!

And league 1 !! - how professional clubs are expected to operate on just 9 home games is a disgrace.

the whole professional game needs an overhaul, I was always against a franchised top division but I’ve changed my opinion and would rather see a competition fixed for a minimum 5 years to allow teams to build without fear of relegation 

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
6 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Is women’s SL now classed as community or is it professional?

It all seems very weighted towards the professional game, and let’s be quite frank, some of the professional clubs are professional in name only.

Without the annual handouts from central funding they wouldn’t survive a season!

And league 1 !! - how professional clubs are expected to operate on just 9 home games is a disgrace.

the whole professional game needs an overhaul, I was always against a franchised top division but I’ve changed my opinion and would rather see a competition fixed for a minimum 5 years to allow teams to build without fear of relegation 

And the teams without fears would just rape and pillage the championship and championship one, I'd sooner see it two divisions with promotion and relegation, that way the bottom feeders  in the SL & Promotion candidates will big a cluster of around a dozen clubs, yes maybe yo yo clubs but one day if a yo yo club can just avoid going down for 5 YEARS they may just work themselves up the order.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I sent an email in asking a number of questions around why the choice was for individuals to pay a membership fee, which seems to be a hallmark of individual sports (swimming, gymnastics, triathlon etc) whereas team sports (football being the prime example) tend to favour a team-by-team affiliation fee.

I also asked some questions around paying twice for the same thing (I.e. one payment to club and one to RFL and the friction this would cause).

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a response, letting me know that they’d read my email and had passed it on, also asking if I would be happy (as someone working within a club) to have a chat with someone (at the RFL) about this. I responded that I would definitely be happy to and that I thought it was great if the RFL truly wanted to engage.

Unfortunately, I never heard anything back after that.

I still don’t see how they’ve come to the decision that an individual participant fee is the most sensible decision. I’m not against a proper affiliation fee structure to ensure the game is well funded, I just can’t see how they can believe this is a good idea.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, del capo said:

Women's Super League is classed as Community for the moment and any funding comes out of that pot

That is totally wrong, the super league clubs who keep promoting the women's super league game should be financing them, the super league clubs have raided the community clubs to get these women on board.  

• Like 2
On 19/06/2021 at 14:07, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

So whose been involved with the development plan?

which areas of the game have been consulted?

has there been game wide consultation including players, officials and leagues from parts of the country or was it a couple of players and a board member sitting round a dining table (active membership consultation)? 

and you keep saying the community board represents the amateurs in one breath, and the next you say their voices aren’t heard, so which is it?

I hope the same top rfl consultants haven't been involved with the new development plan, especially after the false information they gave the community board saying that the participation fees would bring rugby league in line with other top NGBs, and that was a total lie.

14 hours ago, del capo said:

Women's Super League is classed as Community for the moment and any funding comes out of that pot

Well i obviously haven’t seen sight of the Winter Sports bid, so can’t comment too much on it as it may be that the bid was just for women’s rugby but it does seem to me that it’s always the adult men’s community game that goes underfunded. £1.25 million is a lot of money for a handful of clubs, I hope it is just being used for running costs.

Again this comes down to engagement, or rather the lack of it between the governing body and member clubs.

if you don’t have continuous engagement you don’t fully understand the needs of those clubs which makes formulating a meaningful strategic development plan for the next 5 years very difficult.

to me and others on here, giving away £1.25 million while asking community clubs to effectively pay the same amount annually back into the RFLs coffers just doesn’t sit right

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
5 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well i obviously haven’t seen sight of the Winter Sports bid, so can’t comment too much on it as it may be that the bid was just for women’s rugby but it does seem to me that it’s always the adult men’s community game that goes underfunded. £1.25 million is a lot of money for a handful of clubs, I hope it is just being used for running costs.

Again this comes down to engagement, or rather the lack of it between the governing body and member clubs.

if you don’t have continuous engagement you don’t fully understand the needs of those clubs which makes formulating a meaningful strategic development plan for the next 5 years very difficult.

to me and others on here, giving away £1.25 million while asking community clubs to effectively pay the same amount annually back into the RFLs coffers just doesn’t sit right

That £1.25 million . I don't know how we got it or where it is going. Good to have it though.

For me the most fundamental issue has always been one of communication. I have banged that drum for years. ' One for all and all for one ' has been my mission statement for ages . We are too small  as a game not to be together.

Once the penny drops ( it will eventually ) this game will end up in so much a better place....

We have at the last count 297 amateur  clubs ( all balancing their books and in credit  )   servicing this games'  future.

.Look after them RFL at your peril