I think most people know that this year is the club's Centenary as a season club, a great achievement. From 1921 to 2021 100 years unbroken service as members of the Northern Union, and then the Rugby Football League.

But of course the club had a very colourful history from its formation in 1902 until achieving senior status.

And of course there were a number of rugby clubs in Featherstone before (and after) the Rovers.

Read on......

https://www.fevarchive.co.uk/before-1921/

My Dad was born in 1900. He told me that when he was young he played for Purston White Horse. He was living near the Travellers in those terrace houses at the time. It was a long time ago but I  remember him telling me. He took me to my first game at Rovers in 1938. 

• Thanks 2
On 02/05/2021 at 11:11, marklaspalmas said:

I think most people know that this year is the club's Centenary as a season club, a great achievement. From 1921 to 2021 100 years unbroken service as members of the Northern Union, and then the Rugby Football League.

But of course the club had a very colourful history from its formation in 1902 until achieving senior status.

And of course there were a number of rugby clubs in Featherstone before (and after) the Rovers.

Read on......

https://www.fevarchive.co.uk/before-1921/

This is delightful and valuable material, excellently presented. Really good reading for Rovers fans, rugby league fans, residents, and anyone with a connection to the town and its sport.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Cerulean said:

This is delightful and valuable material, excellently presented. Really good reading for Rovers fans, rugby league fans, residents, and anyone with a connection to the town and its sport.

Thank you.

It's a fantastic resource. Hats off to all those who've contributed.