Wed 25 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/21 at 19:15

10 hours ago, Just Browny said:

It's bad enough seeing 'fans' slagging off the game; do we need it from current players too?

He is right though.

I'd rather see that than the stuff you see on here, where fans defend the indefensible. Last season particularly, there were punters on here friskily telling anyone who'd listen that the Super League 'product' was just as good as the NRL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I don't often agree with Koukash but as an advert for the game between 2 top 6 teams looking for a GF challenge then it was embarrassing. Terrible game by 2 very average sides. I reckon either of those teams would get a good spanking by the Canterbury Bulldogs and they're complete doggy doo in the NRL !!!

He may be right that it was a poor game but look at the team sheets, players missing all over the place

I’m getting absolutely sick of people especially those in the sport deathriding the game, I mean Eorl tweeted something positive and guess what someone like koukash pops up being really negative.

Hes well within is rights to post whatever he likes but do people think e get more support or more interest in the game from investors, sponsors or partners by constantly doing the game down.

All sports have poor games some more poor games than good ones yet you don’t see people within the game talking about it dying.

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Both the original poster and I were reminiscing. What is your 

Just thinking when we had those hidings from you I used to reminisce not the 0-19 ,but long before that 25-4 1968 there weren't too many from a Leeds perspective.  I wasnt being facetious 

• Thanks 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Sky TV own and run SL and it saddens me.

I went to Leeds v Wigan Dec 1994. Wigan lost in a fantastic game and were on BBC spoty programme later that evening.

Back then I believed in a change to summer rugby and the prospect of SL. It was mooted after Brisbane v Wigan 1994.

Now I only watch the amateur game live.

57 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Sky TV own and run SL and it saddens me.

I went to Leeds v Wigan Dec 1994. Wigan lost in a fantastic game and were on BBC spoty programme later that evening.

Back then I believed in a change to summer rugby and the prospect of SL. It was mooted after Brisbane v Wigan 1994.

Now I only watch the amateur game live.

You talk a lot of sense @Wigan Riversider, but 1994 is 27 years ago FFS.

The world has moved on enormously. The customer base is completely different from what it was 27 years ago. 

Rugby League fans need to stop living in the past.

Edited by The Frying Scotsman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

@Wigan Riversider

Rugby League fans need to stop living in the past.

It would be if we could get them past the mid 20th century.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.