Jansin Turgut

I've just seen this from Chasing Roos: 

Great to see Jansin Gurgut back playing for Turkey. They played against the Australian Defence Force on Monday at the SCG before the Roosters v St George match - I think the game might have been mentioned earlier on either the international or Australian forum.

A post match interview with him starts at 19:58, followed by one with Skolars' Errol Carter.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/04/26/turkish-delight-turgut-eyes-super-league-return-after-anzac-game/amp/

The NRL website has run two stories on him, the above being the most recent. Super League, the competition that Turgut played in over forty times, has not ran any articles on him. 

Is he an inspirational story we should be making something of, or would they be better making more of those who play week in, week out, and didn't abuse drugs?

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

Is he an inspirational story we should be making something of, or would they be better making more of those who play week in, week out, and didn't abuse drugs?

That’s a very antiquated view, IMO. 

Should we be talking about International rugby league in a World Cup year and also talking about a man who’s suffered with mental health problems and has gone from being lucky to be alive let alone being anywhere near a Rugby League pitch at a point where mental health, especially amongst men, is not the taboo subject it once was (not that it’s anywhere near where it should be)? Absolutely we should. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/04/26/turkish-delight-turgut-eyes-super-league-return-after-anzac-game/amp/

The NRL website has run two stories on him, the above being the most recent. Super League, the competition that Turgut played in over forty times, has not ran any articles on him. 

I am lead to believe the Super League media team have something in the pipeline with Jansin actually 🙂

• Like 1

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I've just seen this from Chasing Roos: 

Great to see Jansin Gurgut back playing for Turkey. They played against the Australian Defence Force on Monday at the SCG before the Roosters v St George match - I think the game might have been mentioned earlier on either the international or Australian forum.

A post match interview with him starts at 19:58, followed by one with Skolars' Errol Carter.

Did Sezer turn up for this one 🤪

• Barley Mow changed the title to Jansin Turgut

Given the numerous physical injuries he suffered, aside from the psychogical issues, it's a remarkable recovery.

To get back to general good health would be quite something, but to then get to the level reqired to get back to Championship rugby is amazing.

His habits cost him his Super League career & almost his life.

Hope he has left all that behind & can go on to be a positive influence in the game & for others who may be going down the same road he did.

• Like 2