Magic Round for CC not SL

21 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m not sure how the short length of time between the draw and the weekend isn’t seen as a hurdle compared to the existing product that has approximately half a year for people to organise things. 

Conduct the rd of 16 draw in December which would include four teams TBD, based on as the progression of clubs competing in the earlier rounds of the CC.

Simple.

Edited by Sports Prophet
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Conduct the rd of 16 draw in December which would include four teams TBD, based on as the progression of clubs competing in the earlier rounds of the CC.

Simple.

I’m not sure you understand how cup games, cup draws or the Challenge Cup works, in that case.

I maintain that the annual “it should be a Magic Cup Weekend” posts on here and social media make little sense when the existing products scheduling is much more fan friendly. 

19 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m not sure you understand how cup games, cup draws or the Challenge Cup works, in that case.

I understand it very well Jughead. Saying “I don’t like it” and “I don’t understand it” are two very different statements.

Don’t play the fool, you’re better than that. It only takes a slight amount of imagination to comprehend the proposal.

Edited by Sports Prophet

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I think the suggestion he is making is drawing tournament brackets at the start and then everyone knows their progression to the final. Easily doable. Whether that would be what people want or by whether it would be beneficial is up for debate. Would be intrigued to see it.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

I understand it very well Jughead. Saying “it won’t work” and “I don’t understand it” are two very different statements.

Don’t play the fool, you’re better than that. It only takes a slight amount of imagination to comprehend the proposal.

While you have a draw made up of Wigan v TBA, TBA v Warrington and TBA v TBA in December, it’s not until approximately four weeks prior that people actually know the draw in full so the same problems around how fan friendly the event actually is, remain. With the existing Magic Weekend, I can tell you the fixtures (though we know for definite right now who 11/12 teams are) right now based on the formula used in previous years and come November/early December we will know the dates and the venue alongside the fixtures allowing six months, approximately, for fans to organise travel, tickets and accommodation. It’s not really feasible in a cup competition to have such an event, even with the semi-final double header, it’s not exactly been attended in the numbers it could/should have. 

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I expect most people attend Magic because it’s the event or is, not because it is a SL fixture, so the fans would attend whether SL or CC.

in regards to non SL clubs being used to make up numbers… it’s not their choice. It is the RFLs comp and they can bring in SL teams when they want. I suspect the carrot of making a big event like the CC Magic Round would be a big enough carrot to lure the Champ clubs.

No , they attend Magic to watch their team , it gives the other 8/9/10 teams that won't make a final that year a day out ( usually on the ###### ) , make it a CC round and few neutrals will attend 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No , they attend Magic to watch their team , it gives the other 8/9/10 teams that won't make a final that year a day out ( usually on the ###### ) , make it a CC round and few neutrals will attend 

Why would neutrals be inclined to watch SL clubs play a round of SL more than they would to watch the same teams in the CC?