My love of rugby league

ckn

I went off rugby league slightly for a while. I got into a stage where I didn't mind if I missed a game, even if Saints were on telly. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get a game if I was out and forgot to hit record.

This world cup has really brought it back again. Thoroughly enjoyed this tournament. The women's tournament has especially got me into just wanting to watch it for the joy of watching rugby.

Thinking it through, the men's club game got a touch too much ego in it, too much deliberately nasty stuff, not sure if it was the COVID break and clubs/players losing their edge, but the international games have far less of that and have me glued to every game out there.

The problem with the competition is that it's quite a bit of time to the 23 SL season after it finishes!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, ckn said:

I went off rugby league slightly for a while. I got into a stage where I didn't mind if I missed a game, even if Saints were on telly. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get a game if I was out and forgot to hit record.

This world cup has really brought it back again. Thoroughly enjoyed this tournament. The women's tournament has especially got me into just wanting to watch it for the joy of watching rugby.

Thinking it through, the men's club game got a touch too much ego in it, too much deliberately nasty stuff, not sure if it was the COVID break and clubs/players losing their edge, but the international games have far less of that and have me glued to every game out there.

The problem with the competition is that it's quite a bit of time to the 23 SL season after it finishes!

I think there is an element of the club game being a touch too repetitive. It's why I've loved internationals, and World Club Comps In whatever form, and even the Challenge Cup. 

I was pretty downbeat after the first two rounds of mens RLWC, but the Wheelchair and Women's comps have been so refreshing and really given that variety that I crave. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Ahem. We’ve got a positivity thread for this gush 😜

I agree entirely and will self moderate by locking this and moving my post elsewhere.

I will suitably tut at myself for thread duplication.

• Haha 8

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• ckn locked this topic