Clubs Printing Programmes in 2023

18 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

NWC may have decided it's not worth bothering while they're away from Colwyn Bay. I did wonder.

In the years I followed them there were a couple of occasions where they were let down by the printer. Last season they had programmes for league games but I went to a play off game where there was no programme and no explanation. I've not been this year. I believe that Ryan Gould who dealt with all the media stuff as moved on.

1 hour ago, Celtic Roosters said:

In the years I followed them there were a couple of occasions where they were let down by the printer. Last season they had programmes for league games but I went to a play off game where there was no programme and no explanation. I've not been this year. I believe that Ryan Gould who dealt with all the media stuff as moved on.

I contacted NWC before the season began, asking about programmes. They never replied.

21 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

I contacted NWC before the season began, asking about programmes. They never replied.

Sorry to hear that mate. Probably because Ryan has left, although there is no excuse for bad manners. Somebody must have received your request. The club is run almost entirely by volunteers. It is basically a amateur club that pays players. Without the supporters there would be no club. I still have contacts there. When I speak to them again I will ask about that?

8 hours ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Probably because Ryan has left, although there is no excuse for bad manners. Somebody must have received your request. The club is run almost entirely by volunteers. It is basically a amateur club that pays players. Without the supporters there would be no club. I still have contacts there. When I speak to them again I will ask about that?

That'd be useful. Be good to know if they're continuing with a prog after that one game at Colwyn Bay this season.

I will be at Leigh Miners .v. Wigan St. Patricks next Saturday but will most likely revert to watching non league Football from the 22nd - Vauxhall Motors .v. Congleton Town. Rugby League has always been my first sport, especially amateur, but I started to enjoy going to different non league football grounds (most still have a programme) when the RL finished, about 8 years ago. At the end of last season, for the first time, I carried on watching football until it finished. I still think Rugby League is a far better sport but I just don't have the passion for it that I used to have. It's far easier to get info out of non league football clubs as well.

I agree with your last statement, and the fall off in the info at some  RL clubs has increased rapidly since the end of Covid restrictions.

When professional clubs can't be bothered to post their lineups or match reports either in a hard copy programme or on line you have to wonder ‘why bother’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Celtic Roosters said:

On Saturday, at Wigan St. Patricks, I was told by one of the York Acorn guys that they do have a programme this season but don't print many?

Fella I know went to Acorn's last home game. Didn't see a programme on sale. Last season, Acorn did a very good one, which was included with the £3 admission charge.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Very sad. I went to Bury FC last Sunday and they had a programme for a friendly. I will be at Leigh Miners .v. Wigan St. Patricks on Saturday and Swinton on Sunday, then Tuseday I'm on my way to Oswestry to watch TNS .v. Hacken (sweden). There is a programme and groundhoppers, like me, are invited for a tour of the ground and meet the players. I will have a look what RL is on next before I make a decision where to go.

11 hours ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Very sad. I went to Bury FC last Sunday and they had a programme for a friendly. I will be at Leigh Miners .v. Wigan St. Patricks on Saturday and Swinton on Sunday, then Tuseday I'm on my way to Oswestry to watch TNS .v. Hacken (sweden). There is a programme and groundhoppers, like me, are invited for a tour of the ground and meet the players. I will have a look what RL is on next before I make a decision where to go.

Yes our game is going backwards rapidly in terms of engagement with supporters and falling further behind other sports. Everything seems to be geared towards TV and digital presentation. The game experience is second to that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Generic 2023 cover from the NCL's Wath Brow Hornets. Their programme is included with a £4 admission charge.

Strangely, this sort of offering is now completely beyond Wath Brow's neighbouring semi-pros Whitehaven and Workington Town. Perhaps they should have a word with the amateurs?

WBHLR.jpg

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 2

Good-looking effort from the NCL's Pilkington Recs this season. Twenty pages for £3 (included with admission).

Amazing, isn't it, how an amateur club manages to produce a printed programme yet, just down the road, St Helens RLFC, supposedly professional, finds it impossible. Pathetic.

PilksLR.jpg

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 2