League 1 predictions.

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

What bookies is that? I fancy a bet. Also very short odds for Dewsbury?

Also I'd put Rochdale above Workington and Crusaders 

Not sure if I'm allowed to say on here? Most bookies have similar odds. Possibly agree re: Rochdale but by their own admission they've spent less on the squad this year 

18 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Heres some odds from the bookies. Think it's not far off where most will finish. Think I'd swap Skolars and Hurricanes but that's it. 

SmartSelect_20230216_163732_Sky Bet.jpg

I'd stick a couple of quid on both the Skolars and Canes at those odds, dont think either of them are that way out of the betting compared to NWC , Hornets and Worky  . I dont think anyone is going to have it their own way this season by any means and there will be no 'easy' games at all this year - everyone is capable of beating eeryone else and with the number of fixtures it's only going to take a couple of 'upsets' to completly change the league table .

• Like 2

I expect the odds are as much represented by the amounts bet on each team as they are by who the bookies think will win it at this moment in time. As usual they will change after 3 or 4 matches to be more meaningful.

On 15/02/2023 at 20:56, Gomersall said:

Great on the face of it but, as a dyed in the wool cynic, I never trust percentages (they are loved by ignorant journalists). A 200% increase could mean that 3000 have been sold rather than the 1000 last year, or it could be 30 as distinct from 10.

A generous gesture whichever it is.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I expect the odds are as much represented by the amounts bet on each team as they are by who the bookies think will win it at this moment in time. As usual they will change after 3 or 4 matches to be more meaningful.

It won't be a big book, so likely to change when someone bets a fiver. £100 on Cornwall could make them favourites.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It won't be a big book, so likely to change when someone bets a fiver. £100 on Cornwall could make them favourites.

Yeah any bet will move the odds around pretty significantly probably.

3 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Are Cornwall the new West Wales Raiders?

They are run much better but face the same problems recruiting a competitive squad. Based on their crowds last year and the revenue those large crowds bring in I thought they'd be a bit more ambitious this year with their squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

They are run much better but face the same problems recruiting a competitive squad. Based on their crowds last year and the revenue those large crowds bring in I thought they'd be a bit more ambitious this year with their squad. 

Obtaining complementary air travel to Manchester for away games isn't bad is it? This shows a club with forward looking ambitions but enormous recruitment challenges.

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

I really feared an 80+ point score line the way MH were running tries in in the first half. Credit to them for sticking to the task though.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Obtaining complementary air travel to Manchester for away games isn't bad is it? This shows a club with forward looking ambitions but enormous recruitment challenges.

Yes and that's pretty much what I've said. They are well run but they have problems recruiting a competitive squad. I thought they'd be a bit more ambitious this year.