Daryl Clark to Saints for 2024?

16 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I've heard a few rumours now that the signing is pretty much done & dusted but both clubs don't want to announce it as yet. Warrington because they don't wan't Clarke to get backlash from the fans, and Saints because of Lussick.

Apparently when he signed for Saints Lussick was all but promised the No9 shirt when Roby retired, and with Roby having already stayed on an extra year and it now looking like Saints have signed Clarke then Lussick isn't happy.

Quite a few rumours that Walker would only sign if Clarke wasn't given a longer contract, the reluctance to announce is a bit daft when all and sundry know he is going to saints. A good deal all round Clarke keeps his wages high and doesn't need to move house and Walker gets to cement the 9 slot and Warrington free up money as Clarke is on decent money.

3 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Quite a few rumours that Walker would only sign if Clarke wasn't given a longer contract, the reluctance to announce is a bit daft when all and sundry know he is going to saints. A good deal all round Clarke keeps his wages high and doesn't need to move house and Walker gets to cement the 9 slot and Warrington free up money as Clarke is on decent money.

Marquee money, which surprised me. Walker is ready to be our 9 full time and at a much lower salary cap cost I expect. Walker is a much more rounded 9 then Clark, but Clark has his obvious strengths in his running game and defence.

I think it’s a good move for all parties and I’m looking forward to who we bring in as marquee no. 2 as I don’t think Clark leaving weakens is too much.